Thread overview
An issue with std.variant; and std.slist?
Nov 06, 2007
Christopher Wright
Nov 06, 2007
torhu
Nov 08, 2007
Witold Baryluk
November 06, 2007
Using dmd2.007 and the precompiled libphobos2.a that it came with, I was entirely unable to link anything that involved std.variant -- link errors for just about everything in the module, including ModuleInfo.

When I tried recompiling, the makefile tried to compile a module std.slist. That module didn't exist and it complained. I had to modify the makefile not to look for std.slist, and then phobos2 compiled successfully. I was then able to link stuff involving std.variant.

Has anyone else had troubles or successes with std.variant in 2.007 on Linux, or was it just my bad luck or whatever that I had issues?
November 06, 2007
Christopher Wright wrote:
> When I tried recompiling, the makefile tried to compile a module std.slist. That module didn't exist and it complained. I had to modify the makefile not to look for std.slist, and then phobos2 compiled successfully. I was then able to link stuff involving std.variant.

slist = singly linked list?  I wonder if phobos container classes finally are coming?
November 08, 2007
Dnia Tue, 06 Nov 2007 17:50:11 -0500
Christopher Wright <dhasenan@gmail.com> napisaƂ/a:

> Using dmd2.007 and the precompiled libphobos2.a that it came with, I was entirely unable to link anything that involved std.variant -- link errors for just about everything in the module, including ModuleInfo.
> 
> When I tried recompiling, the makefile tried to compile a module std.slist. That module didn't exist and it complained. I had to modify the makefile not to look for std.slist, and then phobos2 compiled successfully. I was then able to link stuff involving std.variant.
> 
> Has anyone else had troubles or successes with std.variant in 2.007 on Linux, or was it just my bad luck or whatever that I had issues?

http://d.puremagic.com/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=1647

But i haven't tested std.variant.

-- 
Witold Baryluk, aleph0