May 31, 2001
Yes

Actually with DOSX we run at 40000 hardware interrups per seconds.

I think i will never go as fast on Windows.

So i need to make some harware (buffer) to help Windows.

But how much ?

The faster i can go on Windows, the cheaper and simpler is the hardware associated with it.

Thanks

Roland

Damian Dixon a écrit :

> I would suggest looking at spliting up your system so that the realtime element of the CNC controller runs on a small embedded board.
>
> You will then only need to write a simple windows program to send commands to the
> CNC controller to instruct it how to cut (start position, stop position, speed, depth
> and path). You could probably get away with using RS232 or the printer port for
> the comm's.
>
> Regards,
> Damian
>
> On Mon, 28 May 2001 22:15:28 GMT, Mark Evans <mevans@zyvex.com> wrote:
> >
> > My advice is the following.  If you want true real-time performance with Windows compatibility, then you need a Windows API emulator that runs on a real-time kernel.  On-time sells exactly
> > that.
> >
> >               http://www.on-time.com/
> >
> > Personally I would never bother with Windows for hard real-time requirements.
> >
> > You might also consider the WINE project with Real-Time Linux, but I am told that RT Linux is much less mature (more buggy) than Linux per se.
> >
> > I'm no expert on DOSX but presumably if it runs under DOSX then it will run under Windows emulation.
> >
> > Mark
> >
> >
> >
> > On Sat, 26 May 2001 01:48:30 +0200, NancyEtRoland <nancyetroland@free.fr> wrote:
> > > first i esitate to expose my problem here as it is not specificaly DM C++.
> > >
> > > but i would like it to have a DM C++ based solution..
> > >
> > > More informations:
> > >
> > > a PC based little cnc machine:
> > >
> > > - must run a real time softwear,
> > > - must run a "'evoluted" OS because it is plugged on a LAN with other pc's,
> > > a web cam is plugged on it, it is plugged on Internet  for remote mantenance
> > > (Symantec pcAnywhere), etc..
> > >
> > > well i don't feel like making all those drivers on MS-DOS..
> > >
> > > The actual solution is:
> > >
> > > A windows CAD/CAM program on the cnc and on the pc networked with it,
> > > a DOSX program only on the cnc, for driving the cnc itself on real time mode
> > > on pure dos.
> > >
> >
> >