February 07, 2002
On a typical day, 400 people download the compiler, and the number grows steadilly. This is fantastic! But there's a downside - while I used to be able to easilly handle all the email questions I get, it's starting to be too much. I can see the point where all I do all day is answer email, and I never have the time to work on improving the compiler!

So, I do request that if people have technical questions or bug reports, to please post them in the newsgroups here! While I still do have time to read all the email, please indulge me if I don't respond to all of it anymore. Most technical problems have already been encountered and overcome by others who do read & post to the newsgroups, so you're likely to get a good response there.

Posting the resolutions to the newsgroups also helps others who may be having troubles with the same problem.

Thanks for your understanding,

-Walter

February 07, 2002
EXACTLY!
That's why the newsgroup was setup in the first place!!!
Also... The articles in the newsgroup do NOT expire. So the very first messages
are still there! May be someday I will be able to put in on the web under
www.digitalmars.com and enable the search engine on it!

Jan

Walter wrote:

> On a typical day, 400 people download the compiler, and the number grows steadilly. This is fantastic! But there's a downside - while I used to be able to easilly handle all the email questions I get, it's starting to be too much. I can see the point where all I do all day is answer email, and I never have the time to work on improving the compiler!
>
> So, I do request that if people have technical questions or bug reports, to please post them in the newsgroups here! While I still do have time to read all the email, please indulge me if I don't respond to all of it anymore. Most technical problems have already been encountered and overcome by others who do read & post to the newsgroups, so you're likely to get a good response there.
>
> Posting the resolutions to the newsgroups also helps others who may be having troubles with the same problem.
>
> Thanks for your understanding,
>
> -Walter