April 30, 2008
On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, dominik wrote:

> US of A or Europe this time? :)

Seattle, WA -- Amazon's campus again.  As to other locations, I'd give the exact same answer as I've always given:  You're certainly welcome to set one up and send an announcement about it.  I'd be willing to coordinate and make sure we're not doing too many per year, draining the attendee pool.  Trust me, I'm not doing this because it's _fun_.  It's a lot of work and costs a good bit as well.  But, imho, it's worth the effort.

Later,
Brad
May 01, 2008
BCS wrote:
> Brad Roberts wrote:
>> Well, I've been more than a little lax in following through on my
>> conference coordinator duties.  My apologies.  The good news is that
>> I've finally got dates:  Monday-Wednesday, August 4-6 2008.
> 
> YAHHHHHH!!!!! <G size="huge"/>

My reaction is the opposite. Last year I went to the D conference and then the Penny Arcade Expo; this year that will be impossible.
May 01, 2008
Christopher Wright wrote:
> BCS wrote:
>> Brad Roberts wrote:
>>> Well, I've been more than a little lax in following through on my conference coordinator duties.  My apologies.  The good news is that I've finally got dates:  Monday-Wednesday, August 4-6 2008.
>>
>> YAHHHHHH!!!!! <G size="huge"/>
> 
> My reaction is the opposite. Last year I went to the D conference and then the Penny Arcade Expo; this year that will be impossible.

Yeah.  I wish I could have lined them up, but conference room availability made that non-workable.  On the plus side, maybe I can go to the pax this year.  Last year I was too wound up / busy to even consider it despite having registered. :)

Sorry,
Brad
May 08, 2008
Brad Roberts Wrote:

> PS:  No, I haven't forgotten about the videos from last year, sigh. Latest promise is for friday (THIS friday).
> 
> (followups to digitalmars.D)

so what happened to LAST Friday promise ?
June 05, 2008
Brad Roberts wrote:
> Well, I've been more than a little lax in following through on my conference coordinator duties.  My apologies.  The good news is that I've finally got dates:  Monday-Wednesday, August 4-6 2008.
> 
> First major todo, line up speakers.  So, if you'd like to give a talk, please send me email (braddr@puremagic.com) with a brief description of what you want to talk about and how much time you think you'd like (aim for somewhere between 30 and 90 minutes).

Update on the speaker front.. still need more, quite a few more.  If you've got something you want to talk about, speak up.  If you have something you think should be talked about, seek out someone to give the talk and have them get in touch with me.  With out more speakers... well, let's not ponder on that too much right now.

> I'm planning a similar format to last year with two days of talks and one day for collaborative development and/or open discussion.
> 
> More as developments unfold.  I'll be putting up the registration pages once I've gotten at least enough speakers to fill a day to make sure there's enough to build a conference out of.

The website is up, though rather empty of the important content.  See above. :)

http://d.puremagic.com/conference2008/

Thanks,
Brad
June 05, 2008
"Brad Roberts" <braddr@puremagic.com> wrote in message news:fv8sf0$2n9r$1@digitalmars.com...
> Well, I've been more than a little lax in following through on my conference coordinator duties.  My apologies.  The good news is that I've finally got dates:  Monday-Wednesday, August 4-6 2008.
>
> First major todo, line up speakers.  So, if you'd like to give a talk, please send me email (braddr@puremagic.com) with a brief description of what you want to talk about and how much time you think you'd like (aim for somewhere between 30 and 90 minutes).
>
> I'm planning a similar format to last year with two days of talks and one day for collaborative development and/or open discussion.
>
> More as developments unfold.  I'll be putting up the registration pages once I've gotten at least enough speakers to fill a day to make sure there's enough to build a conference out of.
>
> Thanks,
> Brad
>
> PS:  No, I haven't forgotten about the videos from last year, sigh. Latest promise is for friday (THIS friday).
>
> (followups to digitalmars.D)

So uh...... how about those videos?

June 05, 2008
On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 09:58:02 -0400, Jarrett Billingsley wrote:

> "Brad Roberts" <braddr@puremagic.com> wrote in message news:fv8sf0$2n9r$1@digitalmars.com...
>> Well, I've been more than a little lax in following through on my conference coordinator duties.  My apologies.  The good news is that I've finally got dates:  Monday-Wednesday, August 4-6 2008.
>>
>> First major todo, line up speakers.  So, if you'd like to give a talk, please send me email (braddr@puremagic.com) with a brief description of what you want to talk about and how much time you think you'd like (aim for somewhere between 30 and 90 minutes).
>>
>> I'm planning a similar format to last year with two days of talks and one day for collaborative development and/or open discussion.
>>
>> More as developments unfold.  I'll be putting up the registration pages once I've gotten at least enough speakers to fill a day to make sure there's enough to build a conference out of.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brad
>>
>> PS:  No, I haven't forgotten about the videos from last year, sigh. Latest promise is for friday (THIS friday).
>>
>> (followups to digitalmars.D)
> 
> So uh...... how about those videos?

Yeah, I'm interested, too; for quite a while now..
June 05, 2008
Reply to Brad,

> If you've got something you want to talk about, speak up.
> 

I still think you should put out feelers for short talks (5-15 min) as a lot more people could put one of those together than something more elaborate.

I still can't commit to even being there but, if I can make it, would be willing to put something like that together.

1 2
Next ›   Last »