[phobos] don't forget...
Jun 14, 2010
Brad Roberts
Jun 14, 2010
Walter Bright
Jun 14, 2010
Brad Roberts
June 14, 2010
Adding unit tests when fixing bugs is very important.  Please go back to the changes that have been submitted recently and make sure to add a test that will catch the bug should the code regress.

Also, don't forget to update the change log.

Thanks,
Brad
June 14, 2010

Brad Roberts wrote:
> Adding unit tests when fixing bugs is very important.  Please go back to the
> changes that have been submitted recently and make sure to add a test that will
> catch the bug should the code regress.
> 

I can't agree more with this.

I also suggest running the coverage analyzer (-cov) to verify that the unit tests are actually exercising the code.

> Also, don't forget to update the change log.
>
> 

Yup.
June 14, 2010
On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 10:19 -0700, Brad Roberts wrote:
> Adding unit tests when fixing bugs is very important.  Please go back to the changes that have been submitted recently and make sure to add a test that will catch the bug should the code regress.

If you are referring to the changes I made today, I included unittests for the one change that I think it is appropriate/possible to unittest (changeset 1641).

> Also, don't forget to update the change log.

This I did forget.  I'll do it right away.  Thanks for the tip. :)

-Lars

June 14, 2010
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010, Lars Tandle Kyllingstad wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 10:19 -0700, Brad Roberts wrote:
> > Adding unit tests when fixing bugs is very important.  Please go back to the changes that have been submitted recently and make sure to add a test that will catch the bug should the code regress.
> 
> If you are referring to the changes I made today, I included unittests for the one change that I think it is appropriate/possible to unittest (changeset 1641).

I wasn't directing this at anyone but at everyone.  Go look at the last dozen or however many submits you want to phobos.. it's not great.