July 16, 2004
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 21:38:27 -0400, Vathix wrote:

>> Will a Linux version follow? :-)
>>
>>
> I don't really know anything about linux GUI programming, so I don't even know if it's possible with this library. I'll look into it sometime.

No problem... just curious.  Maybe if DFL turns out really good, others might take on the job.  Just curious to know of any cross-platform plans, that's all.

Thanks,

John
July 16, 2004
Thanks for the nice comments guys. I'm excited about getting more features implemented. Are there any particular things that you want implemented first?

July 19, 2004
I rather like this lib.  The "uncaught exception" dialog is a nice touch... much better than a random console window popping up with a line of text.  Will you be writing anything along the lines of Java's "Layout Manager" classes?

-Chris S.
-Invironz
July 19, 2004
"C. Sauls" <ibisbasenji@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cdgrnd$ha9$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> I rather like this lib.  The "uncaught exception" dialog is a nice touch... much better than a random console window popping up with a line of text.  Will you be writing anything along the lines of Java's "Layout Manager" classes?
>
> -Chris S.
> -Invironz

Thanks.

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/layout/visual.html That's pretty cool, I just might add something like that.

July 19, 2004
Vathix wrote:

Will you be writing anything along the lines of Java's "Layout
>> Manager" classes?
>>
>> -Chris S.
>> -Invironz
> 
> Thanks.
> 
> http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/layout/visual.html That's pretty cool, I just might add something like that.

Before starting to code anything please also take a look at the way the Qt library solves the problem, which seems less advanced but I've found in practice more easy to use and understand and with better results:

http://doc.trolltech.com/3.0/layout.html
July 20, 2004
On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 01:14:16 -0400, Vathix wrote:

> Thanks for the nice comments guys. I'm excited about getting more features implemented. Are there any particular things that you want implemented first?

A Linux port.
July 20, 2004
teqDruid wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 01:14:16 -0400, Vathix wrote:
> 
>> Thanks for the nice comments guys. I'm excited about getting more features implemented. Are there any particular things that you want implemented first?
> 
> A Linux port.

Hmmm... might be interesting to look into a linux port while DFL is still small.
July 20, 2004
I have been trying to access www.dprogramming.com for days. But my
web browser (Firefox) replies with "Connecting to web.vathix.com..."
and stops with "...operation timed out...". Can anybody else connect?

July 20, 2004
Jason Mills wrote:
> I have been trying to access www.dprogramming.com for days. But my
> web browser (Firefox) replies with "Connecting to web.vathix.com..."
> and stops with "...operation timed out...". Can anybody else connect?
> 

Worked for me at 15:14 Pacific Daylight Time.

--Steve
July 20, 2004
In article <cdjjcq$1mu3$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Jason Mills says...
>
>I have been trying to access www.dprogramming.com for days. But my web browser (Firefox) replies with "Connecting to web.vathix.com..." and stops with "...operation timed out...". Can anybody else connect?

Try connecting to 207.234.129.65  Perhaps it's a DNS error on your end.

Sean

1 2
Next ›   Last »