Johannes
Sep 13, 2007
charles
Sep 14, 2007
Johannes
Sep 14, 2007
BCS
September 13, 2007
I'm trying to build the example files for Wombat with Tango with DMD on Windows XP. D and Tango works now. I can also compile the Wombat example files if I pass DMD the -c option and get .obj's. However they cannot link, therefor I'm trying rebuild.exe as suggested in some d forum archive post. It drives me crazy.

Btw, I would try posting this in the Wombat forum at dsource.org but it only had one post ever, made months ago.

Anyway,
I've downloaded the latest dsss-0.72-dmd-win.zip. I extracted rebuild.exe and rebuild_choosedc.exe into c:\dmd\bin.

My Wombat dgi and dbi folders are in c:\dmd\import\dbi and c:\dmd\import\dbi

Now, when I try the .sh build file for Wombat, all the rebuild lines says only: C:\dmd\src\wombat_examples>rebuild -version=LOG -clean -g -gc -full -debug -J. -I../  get.d -ofget.exe Cannot find a rebuild configuration directory.

http://www.dsource.org/projects/dsss/browser/trunk/rebuild/README  says "Use 'rebuild --help' to get info."

This I do, then I get:
C:\dmd\src\wombat_examples>rebuild --help
Cannot find a rebuild configuration directory.

So, I created a rebuild.conf directory c:\dmd\bin\rebuild.conf.

C:\dmd\bin>rebuild --help
Ignore any error from GDC or DMD in the following lines.
.\..\share\rebuild\testtango.d: module testtango cannot read file '.\..\share\re
build\testtango.d'
fopen: No such file or directory
Profile 'default' does not exist.
You may generate it by running rebuild_choosedc.exe

That last part made med run:

C:\dmd\bin>rebuild_choosedc.exe
Ignore any error from GDC or DMD in the following lines.
.\..\share\rebuild\testtango.d: module testtango cannot read file '.\..\share\re
build\testtango.d'
fopen: No such file or directory

Where does testtango.d come from? Is that somehow hardcoded into rebuild?

If Wombat has a hardcoded directory structure that you must use, that isn't explained in the source code archive, and is in no way obvious.
September 13, 2007
Wombat hasnt been kept up to date, and as is the fate of all D programs & libraries, unless you update the code with every DMD release it breaks.

I think their is a FastCGI that has been kept up to date with tango, try http://dsource.org/projects/fastcgi4d.

But I feel your pain on rebuild, I absouletly hated that error message, you can't even bring up the --help menu, Gregor if you're reading please fix that already!

Johannes wrote:
> I'm trying to build the example files for Wombat with Tango with DMD on Windows XP. D and Tango works now. I can also compile the Wombat example files if I pass DMD the -c option and get .obj's. However they cannot link, therefor I'm trying rebuild.exe as suggested in some d forum archive post. It drives me crazy.
> 
> Btw, I would try posting this in the Wombat forum at dsource.org but it only had one post ever, made months ago.
> 
> Anyway,
> I've downloaded the latest dsss-0.72-dmd-win.zip. I extracted rebuild.exe and rebuild_choosedc.exe into c:\dmd\bin.
> 
> My Wombat dgi and dbi folders are in c:\dmd\import\dbi and c:\dmd\import\dbi
> 
> Now, when I try the .sh build file for Wombat, all the rebuild lines says only:
> C:\dmd\src\wombat_examples>rebuild -version=LOG -clean -g -gc -full -debug -J. -I../  get.d -ofget.exe
> Cannot find a rebuild configuration directory.
> 
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/dsss/browser/trunk/rebuild/README  says
> "Use 'rebuild --help' to get info."
> 
> This I do, then I get:
> C:\dmd\src\wombat_examples>rebuild --help
> Cannot find a rebuild configuration directory.
> 
> So, I created a rebuild.conf directory c:\dmd\bin\rebuild.conf. 
> 
> C:\dmd\bin>rebuild --help
> Ignore any error from GDC or DMD in the following lines.
> .\..\share\rebuild\testtango.d: module testtango cannot read file '.\..\share\re
> build\testtango.d'
> fopen: No such file or directory
> Profile 'default' does not exist.
> You may generate it by running rebuild_choosedc.exe
> 
> That last part made med run:
> 
> C:\dmd\bin>rebuild_choosedc.exe
> Ignore any error from GDC or DMD in the following lines.
> .\..\share\rebuild\testtango.d: module testtango cannot read file '.\..\share\re
> build\testtango.d'
> fopen: No such file or directory
> 
> Where does testtango.d come from? Is that somehow hardcoded into rebuild?
> 
> If Wombat has a hardcoded directory structure that you must use, that isn't explained in the source code archive, and is in no way obvious.
September 14, 2007
Thanks for clarifying that! Unfortunately it seems somebody (BCS?) touched alot of files in the dsource trunk so they all look like they've been updated <2 months ago...

I've looked at FastCGI4D, but that is not a "fast CGI library" but a FastCGI library, right? That is, FastCGI4D contains no functions for processing POST requests etc. Or am I missing something?

/Johannes

charles Wrote:
> Wombat hasnt been kept up to date
> I think their is a FastCGI that has been kept up to date with tango, try
> http://dsource.org/projects/fastcgi4d.
September 14, 2007
Reply to Johannes,

> Thanks for clarifying that! Unfortunately it seems somebody (BCS?)
> touched alot of files in the dsource trunk so they all look like
> they've been updated <2 months ago...
> 

Which project? I have only touched scrapple recently. If your looking at somthing else then somthing might be up.