August 14, 2004
"Gold Dragon" <dragonwing@dragonu.net> wrote in message news:cfkoht$271n$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> Walter wrote:
> >
> >>Has Design by Contract been implemented yet? It is still in the docs that it hasn't been finished.
> >
> >
> > No, it hasn't been finished.
> >
> >
>
> How far away is it to completion? I have seen sources that have included the syntax of DbC and thought that maybe it was finished.

What isn't implemented is the polymorphic behavior of pre and post conditions. Otherwise, it works fine.

August 16, 2004
My issue with patents is when two completely normal pieces of technology are put together and 'patented'.  That is not an invention, its engineering. (Example: single click shopping, sending images over the web).

Gold Dragon wrote:
> Ouch! It appears I was talking out of my ass, I blame the confusing legal terms behind trademarks, copyrights, and patents (actually the fault is my own but you can't place the blame on yourself can you?). If you can patent the wheel then something isn't right with the system.
> 
> Walter wrote:
> 
>>
>>> Has Design by Contract been implemented yet? It is still in the docs
>>> that it hasn't been finished.
>>
>>
>>
>> No, it hasn't been finished.
>>
>>
> 
> How far away is it to completion? I have seen sources that have included the syntax of DbC and thought that maybe it was finished.
1 2
Next ›   Last »