Apr 21, 2010
Adi Shavit
May 22, 2010
Matt Wilson
Jun 06, 2010
Adi Shavit
April 21, 2010
Hi,

What are/is the differences between stlsoft::filter_iterator and boost::filter_iterator?

Thanks,
Adi
May 22, 2010
In Extended STL, volume 1 (of which you were a reviewer ;-) I observed that a filter iterator instance *must* always be given both bounding iterators of a given filterable range.

As I recall from during the preparation of the book, Boost's version does not do that, and is, therefore, suspect.

I may be misrecalling, and it may be that the Boost version has been "corrected" since. I'm certain of neither, and if someone wants to check and post the info here I'd be happy to be informed.

Matt

"Adi Shavit" <adishavit_thisShouldNotBeHere_@gmail.com> wrote in message news:hqnjvl$12h0$1@digitalmars.com...
> Hi,
>
>  What are/is the differences between stlsoft::filter_iterator and
> boost::filter_iterator?
>
> Thanks,
> Adi

June 06, 2010
So essentially they should be functionally similar.
Of course I read the relevane XSTLv1 chapters :-), but I just wanted to make sure that they were intended for the same purpose.
Adi

Matt Wilson Wrote:

> In Extended STL, volume 1 (of which you were a reviewer ;-) I observed that a filter iterator instance *must* always be given both bounding iterators of a given filterable range.
> 
> As I recall from during the preparation of the book, Boost's version does not do that, and is, therefore, suspect.
> 
> I may be misrecalling, and it may be that the Boost version has been "corrected" since. I'm certain of neither, and if someone wants to check and post the info here I'd be happy to be informed.
> 
> Matt
> 
> 
> 
> "Adi Shavit" <adishavit_thisShouldNotBeHere_@gmail.com> wrote in message news:hqnjvl$12h0$1@digitalmars.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> >  What are/is the differences between stlsoft::filter_iterator and
> > boost::filter_iterator?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Adi
> 
>