/home/Checkouts/Git/Git/LDC/driver/configfile.cpp:12:25: fatal error:
libconfig.h++: No such file or directory
 #include "libconfig.h++"
                         ^

I am on Debian Sid for this build. I am assuming it is just a
missing ?-dev package, but shouldn't the CMake Makfiles have a
dependency check to avoid starting a build without all dependencies in
place?

This is probably a n00b question, but to date building master has never had a problem.

Thanks.

-- 
Russel. ============================================================================= Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.winder@ekiga.net 41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel@winder.org.uk London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk  skype: russel_winder

June 05, 2014
Hi Russel!

On Thursday, 5 June 2014 at 05:34:22 UTC, Russel Winder via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> I just tried building merge-2.065 but got:
>
> [ 12%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/ldc2.dir/driver/configfile.cpp.o
> /home/Checkouts/Git/Git/LDC/driver/configfile.cpp:12:25: fatal error:
> libconfig.h++: No such file or directory
>  #include "libconfig.h++"
>                          ^
>
> I am on Debian Sid for this build. I am assuming it is just a
> missing ?-dev package, but shouldn't the CMake Makfiles have a
> dependency check to avoid starting a build without all dependencies in
> place?
>
> This is probably a n00b question, but to date building master has never
> had a problem.
>
> Thanks.

This looks like a problem with your environment. (Wrong path to libconfig include dir?) The merge-2.065 branch compiles fine and has only some unit tests failures.

Regards,
Kai
June 05, 2014
On Thu, 2014-06-05 at 16:15 +0000, Kai Nacke via digitalmars-d-ldc
wrote:
[…]
> This looks like a problem with your environment. (Wrong path to libconfig include dir?) The merge-2.065 branch compiles fine and has only some unit tests failures.

The problem was easy to fix, I just had to install libconfig++-dev. It was really that I had expected the dependency system of CMake to realize I did not have the dependency in place, and not start the compilation. On reflection though, and due to the non-error I reported (and David correctly, corrected me :-) I think what happened was that used an old configuration on a newly installed system, so there wasn't a configuration phase to catch the problem. I am (perhaps too) used to SCons which does not have the separation of configuration and build that CMake and Waf have. With SCons you cannot get this problem as each run recheck the configuration.

-- 
Russel. ============================================================================= Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.winder@ekiga.net 41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel@winder.org.uk London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk  skype: russel_winder