December 17, 2021
Will do!  However, I've been to run all the tests.  The druntime-test-runner apps fails to build with the below error.  Any suggestions?

Error: template `core.internal.dassert._d_assert_fail` cannot deduce
function from argument types `!("!", bool)(bool)`, candidates are:
core/internal/dassert.d(8):        `_d_assert_fail(string comp, A, B)(auto
ref scope const A a, auto ref scope const B b)`

On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 8:15 AM Johan via digitalmars-d-ldc < digitalmars-d-ldc@puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, 16 December 2021 at 14:55:52 UTC, Curtis Hamilton wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 11, 2021 at 6:55 PM kinke via digitalmars-d-ldc < digitalmars-d-ldc@puremagic.com> wrote:
> >
> >> On Saturday, 11 December 2021 at 05:15:33 UTC, Curtis Hamilton wrote:
> >> > Unfortunately I’ve not been successful in using LDC-0.17.6 or ltsmaster to bootstrap and build a newer LDC release.
> >> >
> >> > But I have managed to build LDC-1.23 using GDC as the host D compiler.
> >>
> >> Yeah, gdc is the suggested bootstrap way. - So you got that LDC to successfully build druntime and Phobos? I wouldn't have thought you'd get that far ;) - there's a number of (old) reported PowerPC issues on GitHub.
> >>
> > Yes, I’ve been successful in getting LDC to build using GDC as the host D. In fact, the resulting build seems to be working well.  I did have to make a few changes to the code to get everything working.
>
> Good news :)
> Would you be so kind to submit the required changes as PRs on
> Github?
>
> Thanks!
>    Johan
>
>
>
>

December 18, 2021

On Friday, 17 December 2021 at 15:38:09 UTC, Curtis Hamilton wrote:

>

Will do! However, I've been to run all the tests. The druntime-test-runner apps fails to build with the below error. Any suggestions?

Error: template core.internal.dassert._d_assert_fail cannot deduce
function from argument types !("!", bool)(bool), candidates are:
core/internal/dassert.d(8): _d_assert_fail(string comp, A, B)(auto ref scope const A a, auto ref scope const B b)

Perhaps your druntime submodule is out-of-date:
git submodule update --init

For LDC 1.23 (which I read is what you are using), line 8 contains _d_assert_fail with only one parameter. The one of your error message is on line 16.
https://github.com/ldc-developers/druntime/blob/ldc-v1.23.0/src/core/internal/dassert.d

For submitting the PR, please use LDC master.

Thanks,
Johan

December 18, 2021
Thanks for the feedback.  I updated the druntime and got a new error.

FAILED: runtime/objects-unittest/core/simd.o
cd /usr/xports/tmp/ldc-1.23.0-src/runtime/druntime/src &&
/usr/xports/tmp/build-ldc-1.23.0/bin/ldc2 -c --output-o -conf= -w -de
-dip1000 -O3 -release -d-version=CoreUnittest -unittest
-checkaction=context -preview=fieldwise
-I/usr/xports/tmp/ldc-1.23.0-src/runtime/druntime/src
-of=/usr/xports/tmp/build-ldc-1.23.0/runtime/objects-unittest/core/simd.o
core/simd.d
Wrong types for attribute: inalloca nest noalias nocapture nonnull readnone
readonly signext sret zeroext byval dereferenceable(1)
dereferenceable_or_null(1)
  %11 = call signext <16 x i8>
@_D3ldc4simd__T13loadUnalignedTNhG16gZQxFNaNbNiNexPNhQuZQz(<16 x i8>* %10)
in function
_D4core4simd18__unittest_L615_C5FNaNbNiZ__T4testTNhG16gZQnMFNaNbNiZv
LLVM ERROR: Broken function found, compilation aborted!

In fact it's the same error I get when I build and test the current master ( https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc.git).  However, if I remove (comment out) the two "@system" unittest in core/simd.d, I'm able to build "druntime-test-runner" and other test apps and complete the unittests with 50 failures out of 1688.  I've attached the failed test log.

On Sat, Dec 18, 2021 at 7:35 AM Johan via digitalmars-d-ldc < digitalmars-d-ldc@puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Friday, 17 December 2021 at 15:38:09 UTC, Curtis Hamilton wrote:
> > Will do!  However, I've been to run all the tests.  The druntime-test-runner apps fails to build with the below error. Any suggestions?
> >
> > Error: template `core.internal.dassert._d_assert_fail` cannot
> > deduce
> > function from argument types `!("!", bool)(bool)`, candidates
> > are:
> > core/internal/dassert.d(8):        `_d_assert_fail(string comp,
> > A, B)(auto
> > ref scope const A a, auto ref scope const B b)`
>
> Perhaps your druntime submodule is out-of-date:
> `git submodule update --init`
>
> For LDC 1.23 (which I read is what you are using), line 8 contains `_d_assert_fail` with only one parameter. The one of your error message is on line 16.
>
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/druntime/blob/ldc-v1.23.0/src/core/internal/dassert.d
>
> For submitting the PR, please use LDC `master`.
>
> Thanks,
>   Johan
>
>

January 07, 2022
To follow up.

Using GDC, I used GCC 11.2.0, as bootstrap is the only way to build LDC on powerpc64.  The resulting LDC can not be used to build itself, for some reason. However it can be used to build dub and other dlang libraries and tools.  I highly recommend only building dub (devel/dub) from the freebsd ports.  Then use dub to build everything else, including itself, outside ports.

DRuntime PR #2628, 'Add unittests for load/store Unaligned in core.simd', prevents the building of unit-test "druntime-test-runner".  Reversing this PR allows all tests to be run, with approximately 50 failed tests.  No research has been done on these failures.

These results are for big endian powerpc64.  I've had mixed results on powerpc64le, but I don't think they're exclusively related to LDC.  I think I corrupted my powerpc64le install when I did a source upgrade from the freebsd 13 beta version to the freebsd 13 release version.  A lot of previously working apps are no longer working.  I'm going to do a clean re-install of freebsd/powerpc64le and rebuild everything before trying again.

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 3:40 AM Carlton Flores via digitalmars-d-ldc < digitalmars-d-ldc@puremagic.com> wrote:

> any update on this build ? https://www.surveyzop.com/talktowendys/ https://www.surveyzop.com/restaurant-survey/
>

1 2
Next ›   Last »