July 27, 2004
Sha Chancellor wrote:

> I used Andy Friesen's version and it didn't understand structs embedded in structs and gave me hundreds of errors.  
> 
> Also, I still see no link to download your modified version of SWIG from that page.

wow.

To start, that SWIG build was originally meant to be a sort of proof-of-concept.  It's heavily based on the Java backend, and therefore does quite a lot of stupid things. :)

Lately, I've started writing a fresh backend from scratch, if for no other reason than to get the hell away from the existing code, which is entirely too dense and poorly documented for its own good. (single-character variable names in 100+ line functions are a bad sign :) )

My present focus has been generating C proxies for C++ member functions, with limited generation of D import modules. (basically, lots of extern(C) things)

Currently, it's only a little bit less useless than the last version I put up, but quite a lot more straightforward.

I'll try and upload something tonight.

-- andy
July 28, 2004
In article <schancel-81C1EE.11041427072004@digitalmars.com>, Sha Chancellor says...
>
>In article <41062AEB.E7B0E64C@aston.ac.uk>,
> John Fletcher <J.P.Fletcher@aston.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> I have been looking into using SWIG to interface both C and C++ to D. The
>> basic
>> work had been done by Andy Friesen.
>> 
>> SWIG provides a way of generating the interfaces for C++ or C.  It is true
>> that
>> for C it generates a layer of C code which could be avoided, but it would
>> make
>> it quick to generate a lot of interface functions, selecting the ones you
>> want
>> from a big header file.
>> 
>> See http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?DwithSwig for some details
>> 
>> John
>
>I used Andy Friesen's version and it didn't understand structs embedded in structs and gave me hundreds of errors.
>
>Also, I still see no link to download your modified version of SWIG from that page.
>
>
>Sha

My modifications to SWIG with DMD are now available from

http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?DwithSwig

John

July 28, 2004
In article <ce6q6o$2oa4$1@digitaldaemon.com>,
 Andy Friesen <andy@ikagames.com> wrote:

> wow.
> 
> To start, that SWIG build was originally meant to be a sort of proof-of-concept.  It's heavily based on the Java backend, and therefore does quite a lot of stupid things. :)
> 
> Lately, I've started writing a fresh backend from scratch, if for no other reason than to get the hell away from the existing code, which is entirely too dense and poorly documented for its own good. (single-character variable names in 100+ line functions are a bad sign :) )
> 
> My present focus has been generating C proxies for C++ member functions, with limited generation of D import modules. (basically, lots of extern(C) things)
> 
> Currently, it's only a little bit less useless than the last version I put up, but quite a lot more straightforward.
> 
> I'll try and upload something tonight.
> 
>   -- andy

Can't wait to see the results :)

- Sha
1 2
Next ›   Last »