Sounds great!

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to return to my work on an intellij plugin, good to see you moving forward.  Hope you don't mind, added a link to your project from my old'n'busted one:
https://github.com/elendel-/intelliD/commit/277912a6968969c8eae069611de5d485a2e4f138

On writing a new parser:
Have you explored using libdparse/DCD instead?  Probably has more overhead than writing a java parser, but a lot less work.

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 7:46 AM, Kingsley via Digitalmars-d-ide <digitalmars-d-ide@puremagic.com> wrote:
Hi

Just to let you know I've started work again on my d language support plugin for intellij.

My original attempt was using the eclipse DDT parser but it had severe performance problems due to the way I had to connect it due to IntelliJ various restrictions on external parsers etc

Anyway I've spent a lot of this year learning how to write grammars in bnf format from scratch and have begun implementing again from the ground up using the grammar I'm working on.

I'm aware there is another D plugin already in the IntelliJ library list made by someone else - however it's only got very basic support and the grammar has many holes and issues etc. So I believe my plugin will supersede this one in time as I already implemented quite a lot of features on the original DDT based version. So it's not a big effort to add those back in.

I'm aiming to get the first cut out by end of the year with all the features of my previous attemp minus the horrible performance - this included code folding, syntax highlighting, jump to definitions, quick find, code completion, syntax checking, dub support and auto run configurations. It did not include quick fixes, refactoring support or debugging. The second milestone mid 2016 aims to bring quick fixes, refactoring tools and minor improvements. Then the end of next year I hope to complete debugger support.

It's a slow but steady plan of progress which might go faster or slower depending on life etc

GitHub.com/kingsleyh/DLanguage