On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 11:45 PM Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com> wrote:
On 12/28/20 9:31 AM, Murilo wrote:

> they thought a Facebook group was unnecessary,

Not only unnecessary but divisive as well. For example, because I will
never have a Facebook account I would never be a part of that group. So,
can the open source community be a part of Facebook groups *without* a
Facebook account? Even if the groups would be open to the public, why
would advertisements be a part of a D group? (I don't want to go more
off-topic here but I would love to discuss Facebook over your favorite
drink.)

> but what is the biggest social media in the world? Facebook!

Good for them. :)

Ali

+1

I am part of a nonprofit organization (some kind of admin for my village) which provides internet access in my town(village) and  until a few months ago there was a page (official page of our organization) which works for all of our members even when there has been some issue with connectivity.
Ok if the issue has been between member and organization servers it would not work, but still work in other cases or I have been able to find out what is wrong just by looking at that page. But now they have published all internet outages on facebook page, so I am not aware of them. And even all my mates from the village who do not have another internet provider.

Other issue is they have some events (I always have been part of all events before), but because those events now are on facebook it is really hard to me to participate

So from my point of view FB is the worst thing for community or organization in some cases.