July 07, 2011
Thanks.

On 6 jul 2011, at 23:03, Walter Bright wrote:

> 
> 
> On 7/6/2011 1:23 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>>> I'm a little unsure about this as rdmd has not been tested with D1.
>> It's included for Windows and Linux. I'm using it with D1 on Mac OS X, it's working fine. Why wouldn't it work, rdmd just runs dmd passing in all the dependencies?
>> 
> 
> I don't know why it wouldn't work, it just hasn't been tested. I'll add it, though.
> _______________________________________________
> dmd-beta mailing list
> dmd-beta at puremagic.com
> http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-beta

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg

July 07, 2011
Something is broken with RDMD, it doesn't want to run my build script after it builds it.

Do: git clone git at github.com:AndrejMitrovic/DWindowsProgramming.git And in the DWindowsProgramming folder run: rdmd build.b

It builds the builder, but doesn't run it.

If you do: dmd build && build.exe

then it starts building. I've also tried building RDMD from github and the same thing happens. Someone screwed something up in the last couple of commits..
July 07, 2011
This commit introduces the bug: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/commit/6085e8521653ea031508444759cf37bbc3342245
July 08, 2011
*I've added a comment on a line where the bug is introduced.
July 08, 2011
Ok, the RDMD distributed with this beta 2 can't even run simple test modules. That's what happens when people don't test tools on all systems.

Try running RDMD on this on XP32:
module test;
import std.stdio;
void main()
{
	writeln("test");
}

$ rdmd test.d

Nothing happens.

This will work of course: dmd test.d && test.exe
July 07, 2011
[2.054 Beta Regression] std.string.strip no longer CTFE-able http://d.puremagic.com/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=6268

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Walter Bright" <walter at digitalmars.com>
To: "Discuss the dmd beta releases for D" <dmd-beta at puremagic.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 2:55 PM
Subject: [dmd-beta] beta 2


> 
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd1beta.zip http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd2beta.zip
> 
> 1. updated rdmd
> 2. 64 bit dmd binary on Linux
> 3. CTFE added to D1 changelog
> 4. fixed missing update to phobos sources
> _______________________________________________
> dmd-beta mailing list
> dmd-beta at puremagic.com
> http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-beta
July 07, 2011
Minor typo in the changelog:

std.aray.insertInPlace supports inserting of multiple ranges/elements in one go

"std.aray" should of course be "std.array"

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Walter Bright" <walter at digitalmars.com>
To: "Discuss the dmd beta releases for D" <dmd-beta at puremagic.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 2:55 PM
Subject: [dmd-beta] beta 2


>
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd1beta.zip http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd2beta.zip
>
> 1. updated rdmd
> 2. 64 bit dmd binary on Linux
> 3. CTFE added to D1 changelog
> 4. fixed missing update to phobos sources
> _______________________________________________
> dmd-beta mailing list
> dmd-beta at puremagic.com
> http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-beta

July 07, 2011
This seems to fix an issue I never noticed before where the compiler had been happily accepting template instatiations that match more than one definition, but I don't see that mentioned in the changelog.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Walter Bright" <walter at digitalmars.com>
To: "Discuss the dmd beta releases for D" <dmd-beta at puremagic.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 2:55 PM
Subject: [dmd-beta] beta 2


>
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd1beta.zip http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd2beta.zip
>
> 1. updated rdmd
> 2. 64 bit dmd binary on Linux
> 3. CTFE added to D1 changelog
> 4. fixed missing update to phobos sources
> _______________________________________________
> dmd-beta mailing list
> dmd-beta at puremagic.com
> http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-beta

July 07, 2011
On 2011-07-07 18:43, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Minor typo in the changelog:
> 
> std.aray.insertInPlace supports inserting of multiple ranges/elements in one go
> 
> "std.aray" should of course be "std.array"

Didn't you know that we're trying to get rid of duplication in D? We're renaming array to aray everywhere because using two r's is just plain wasteful. ;)

Fixed.

- Jonathan M Davis
July 08, 2011
I found a few more methods that are affected by this. toUpper/toLower
for example.
will this be fixed b4 release ?


On 08.07.2011 02:24, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> [2.054 Beta Regression] std.string.strip no longer CTFE-able http://d.puremagic.com/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=6268
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Walter Bright" 
> <walter at digitalmars.com>
> To: "Discuss the dmd beta releases for D" <dmd-beta at puremagic.com>
> Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 2:55 PM
> Subject: [dmd-beta] beta 2
>
>
>>
>> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd1beta.zip http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd2beta.zip
>>
>> 1. updated rdmd
>> 2. 64 bit dmd binary on Linux
>> 3. CTFE added to D1 changelog
>> 4. fixed missing update to phobos sources
>> _______________________________________________
>> dmd-beta mailing list
>> dmd-beta at puremagic.com
>> http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-beta
> _______________________________________________
> dmd-beta mailing list
> dmd-beta at puremagic.com
> http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-beta
>

Next ›   Last »
1 2 3 4