Jul 27, 2004
Phill
Jul 27, 2004
Berin Loritsch
Jul 27, 2004
Ant
Jul 27, 2004
Berin Loritsch
(OT - Gentoo) Re: Development Environment?
Jul 27, 2004
Brad Anderson
Jul 28, 2004
Phill
Jul 28, 2004
Phill
Re: (OT dumb joke OT - Gentoo) Re: Development Environment?
Jul 28, 2004
Ant
Jul 29, 2004
Phill
Jul 29, 2004
Ant
Jul 29, 2004
Phill
Aug 01, 2004
teqDruid
Jul 28, 2004
Juanjo Álvarez
Jul 29, 2004
Phill
Jul 28, 2004
Regan Heath
Jul 25, 2004
John Reimer
July 22, 2004
Since I am unabashadly new to the D language, I am appealing to the more experienced here.  I know there isn't much in the way of IDE integration, but at the very least I would like something that has syntax highlighting.

What are people using to develop with?  How does it work for you?

I just want some guidance getting a simple, but workable environment to play around with.
July 22, 2004
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Since I am unabashadly new to the D language, I am appealing to the more experienced here.  I know there isn't much in the way of IDE integration, but at the very least I would like something that has syntax highlighting.
> 
> What are people using to develop with?  How does it work for you?
> 
> I just want some guidance getting a simple, but workable environment to play around with.

Have a look at http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?ToolsAndEditors
July 23, 2004
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Since I am unabashadly new to the D language, I am appealing to the more experienced here.  I know there isn't much in the way of IDE integration, but at the very least I would like something that has syntax highlighting.
> 
> What are people using to develop with? 

TextPad.

> How does it work for you?
<snip>

OK on the whole.  Though I'm still waiting for it to support nested comments and WYSIWYG strings.

Stewart.

-- 
My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox, aside from its being the unfortunate victim of intensive mail-bombing at the moment.  Please keep replies on the 'group where everyone may benefit.
July 24, 2004
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> 

Crimson Editor. I like it so much, I've taken to using it for C development also (in conjunction with Mingw and a Python build script). The D syntax file is missing the 'package' keyword, but IIRC that's the only one.
July 24, 2004
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> 
> 
> I just want some guidance getting a simple, but workable environment to play around with.

I use EditPlus and a console window.  Few frills, fewer obstacles.  ;) Although for my Java and C# work (not that I do much anymore) I use Borland's Builder series (JBuilderX and C#Builder/1... there's free versions of both available, btw).  Maybe one day, once D/1.0 is available, we might see a Borland DBuilder/1 hit the market. (*gratuitous drooling*)  For Python I also use EditPlus, and occasionally the little editor that ships with it, for its deeper error reporting (when debugging or hunting odd errors).

-Chris S.
-Invironz
July 25, 2004
I use DIDE, its great and ive had no problems
with it.

http://www.atari-soldiers.com/dide.html

Phill.

"Berin Loritsch" <bloritsch@d-haven.org> wrote in message news:cdp8he$138b$1@digitaldaemon.com...
>
>

July 25, 2004
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:37:02 -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> 
> 

I'm really starting to enjoy Elcipse 3.0 with the EclispeD plugin from www.dsource.org.  As a plus, it works great on both Linux and Win32.

- John R

July 25, 2004
"Phill" <phill@pacific.net.au> wrote in message news:cduuul$1e7c$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> I use DIDE, its great and ive had no problems
> with it.

Unfortunately, the guy who wrote DIDE has withdrawn it and is planning to rewrite the IDE from scratch. Why we loose DIDE is beyond me, but this seems to be one big whim on his part. Let's hope he sees sense ;-)

Matt

July 27, 2004
"me" <memsom@interalpha.co.uk> wrote in message news:ce1g92$2u8o$1@digitaldaemon.com...
>
> "Phill" <phill@pacific.net.au> wrote in message news:cduuul$1e7c$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> > I use DIDE, its great and ive had no problems
> > with it.
>
> Unfortunately, the guy who wrote DIDE has withdrawn it and is planning to rewrite the IDE from scratch. Why we loose DIDE is beyond me, but this
seems
> to be one big whim on his part. Let's hope he sees sense ;-)
>

Is that true?

I am almost certainly migrating, so I will probably be using Ants LEDS.

Phill.

July 27, 2004
Phill wrote:

> "me" <memsom@interalpha.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:ce1g92$2u8o$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> 
>>"Phill" <phill@pacific.net.au> wrote in message
>>news:cduuul$1e7c$1@digitaldaemon.com...
>>
>>>I use DIDE, its great and ive had no problems
>>>with it.
>>
>>Unfortunately, the guy who wrote DIDE has withdrawn it and is planning to
>>rewrite the IDE from scratch. Why we loose DIDE is beyond me, but this
> 
> seems
> 
>>to be one big whim on his part. Let's hope he sees sense ;-)
>>
> 
> 
> Is that true?
> 
> I am almost certainly migrating, so I will probably be using Ants LEDS.
> 
> Phill.

LEDS?

DIDE is gone, so unless someone has a spare copy that can be downloaded,
the one on the site is gone.
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2 3