February 14, 2006
As some of you will've noticed already, I was on an unofficial break from writing SDWF for a while, and have got back into it over the past few weeks.  I guess it's time to set the ball rolling again with an update.

You've probably noticed that I've gone from one digit to two digits after the '.'.  There are a few reasons for this.  Firstly, I figured that it will take more than five more releases to get SDWF up to scratch.  Secondly, while to quite a few people here 0.10 follows 0.9, it isn't universally understood this way - I'm sure there are still people out there who think of version numbers as decimal numbers.  OTOH, 0.51 is unambiguously greater than 0.5.  Thirdly, I was once persuaded to "release early, release often", and so this is what I'm starting to do now.  As such, the switch from 0.1 to 0.01 increments represents the smaller, more frequent updates that you should expect to see from now on.

As I stated in a previous post, those features that were deprecated in 0.3 or earlier have been removed.

By the time you've read this far, you're probably wondering what's new in 0.51.  Well, there are a few odd additions here and there, but the main one is the mouse cursor and icon classes.  They're still at an experimental stage, but facilitate a means of setting the mouse cursor dynamically in a window (something else I've been wanting to implement for a while).  The properties in WindowClass related to icons and cursors now return objects of these classes rather than raw handles. (Implementing this has brought out my wish for implicit property chaining once again!)  This'll break any program that retrieves these properties as part of its workings, but an iconHandles version is available to give them a chance to work.

http://pr.stewartsplace.org.uk/d/sdwf/

Stewart.

-- 
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/M d- s:- C++@ a->--- UB@ P+ L E@ W++@ N+++ o K-@ w++@ O? M V? PS- PE- Y? PGP- t- 5? X? R b DI? D G e++>++++ h-- r-- !y
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies on the 'group where everyone may benefit.