Bill Baxter
Apr 17, 2008
John Reimer
Apr 17, 2008
JMNorris
Apr 17, 2008
Jacob Carlborg
April 16, 2008
As the swt port is being called dwt, I hope that the ongoing jface is or will be called dface.

-- 
JMNorris
April 16, 2008
I think it's a good idea, DMNorris

JMNorris a écrit :
> As the swt port is being called dwt, I hope that the ongoing jface is or
> will be called dface.
> 
April 16, 2008
JMNorris Wrote:

> As the swt port is being called dwt, I hope that the ongoing jface is or will be called dface.

No, i have not plans to do this.

April 17, 2008
Frank Benoit wrote:
> JMNorris Wrote:
> 
>> As the swt port is being called dwt, I hope that the ongoing jface is or
>> will be called dface.
> 
> No, i have not plans to do this.

Let's pretend it stands for something else in the D version.

J is for...Jiffy.
JFace let's you create an interFace in a Jiffy.  JFace.
It'll make you do a little Jiggy for Joy.
It might give you such a Jolly Jolt you'll want to Jot down all your code in D.  Time for a Jelly sandwich now...

--bb
April 17, 2008
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 16:22:05 +0000, JMNorris wrote:

> As the swt port is being called dwt, I hope that the ongoing jface is or will be called dface.

Actually, it's a bit of a stretch calling DWT "DWT".  It's really just a port of SWT, not a new thing.  The name "DWT" has kind of stuck, though; so, among other things, it's here to stay.

JFace is another matter.  Naming it "DFace" would have implications that just wouldn't be suitable for any respectable D port. :)

-JJR
April 17, 2008
John Reimer <terminal.node@gmail.com> wrote in news:fu6flc$1c2m$1 @digitalmars.com:

> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 16:22:05 +0000, JMNorris wrote:
> 
>> As the swt port is being called dwt, I hope that the ongoing jface is or will be called dface.
> 
> 
> Actually, it's a bit of a stretch calling DWT "DWT".  It's really just a port of SWT, not a new thing.  The name "DWT" has kind of stuck, though; so, among other things, it's here to stay.
> 
> JFace is another matter.  Naming it "DFace" would have implications that just wouldn't be suitable for any respectable D port. :)

Actually, I find it kinda cute--the D port with an attitude. :-)  At any rate, it's probably better than DJFace:  there's probably a reason the DJ is on radio rather than TV, and it's not his voice.

-- 
JMNorris
April 17, 2008
JMNorris wrote:
> As the swt port is being called dwt, I hope that the ongoing jface is or
> will be called dface.
> 
I like the name "dface", I think it's a very good name for the port.