November 16

On Tuesday, 15 November 2022 at 20:54:03 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:

>

a new std.typecons.SafeRefCounted type that can be used in @safe

Nice! Thank you, dukc. Excited to see dirEntries finally be @safe with dip1000. God speed to the ones who figuring out the @safe inference issue with borrow.

November 17

On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 20:51:19 UTC, jmh530 wrote:

>

Thanks again, but it doesn't look like the changelog is picking up everything.

It really would help if you provide some bugzilla urls or PRs that you think should have been picked up.

>

Granted, I'm not sure exactly when the deadline is, but I see a whole bunch of PRs merged from Walter on ImportC on the Github repo, but only one ImportC item listed in the changelog under DMD compiler fixes (and that looks like this is actually a druntime PR). The one after that seems to be a phobos bug fix.

Freeze was on 11th October.

November 17

On Thursday, 17 November 2022 at 00:25:19 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:

>

On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 20:51:19 UTC, jmh530 wrote:

>

Thanks again, but it doesn't look like the changelog is picking up everything.

It really would help if you provide some bugzilla urls or PRs that you think should have been picked up.
[snip]

I'm not sure what the typically gets picked up, but I had done the search at the link below:
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Amerged+ImportC+
and it didn't look like any of the recent bug fixes were listed on the changelog (I only see 23123 and 23340).

So for instance:
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/14528
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/14509
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/14508
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/14490
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/14485
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/14481
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/14480

November 17

On Thursday, 17 November 2022 at 02:35:14 UTC, jmh530 wrote:

>

I'm not sure what the typically gets picked up, but I had done the search at the link below:
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Amerged+ImportC+
and it didn't look like any of the recent bug fixes were listed on the changelog (I only see 23123 and 23340).

So for instance:
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/14528
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/14509
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/14508
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/14490
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/14485
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/14481
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/14480

I've just ran rdmd -version=Contributors_Lib changed v2.100.2..v2.101.0 with my hacked version of tools/changed.d, and all of a sudden I get "209 fixed Bugzilla issues" from "72 contributors". My faith in git log retrieving correct information has plummeted. :-)

I'll push the fixed generated list into dlang.org, thankfully we'll never have to deal with this again (unless - queue dramatic three-beat sting - phobos is merged into dmd/druntime too).

November 17

On Thursday, 17 November 2022 at 07:13:38 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:

>

[snip]
I've just ran rdmd -version=Contributors_Lib changed v2.100.2..v2.101.0 with my hacked version of tools/changed.d, and all of a sudden I get "209 fixed Bugzilla issues" from "72 contributors". My faith in git log retrieving correct information has plummeted. :-)

I'll push the fixed generated list into dlang.org, thankfully we'll never have to deal with this again (unless - queue dramatic three-beat sting - phobos is merged into dmd/druntime too).

Great, thanks!

3 days ago
On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 01:21:12 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
> Yeah, you'll want to use dustmite. Hopefully the project isn't too big.

I haven't figured out how to use DustMite, but the error goes away when I compile one file at a time, for some reason.
1 2
Next ›   Last »