Jump to page: 1 2
Thread overview
OpenBSD DMD package
Oct 11
Brian
Oct 11
Ryan
Oct 12
Brian
Oct 13
Brian
Oct 13
jfondren
Oct 13
Brian
Oct 13
Brian
Oct 13
jfondren
Oct 13
Brian
Oct 14
Brian
October 11

Hi all --

I am in the process of getting a DMD package shipped in the OpenBSD package repository.
If you are an OpenBSD user, please test and report back (on the OpenBSD mailing list, please) how it went for you. The more users test, the faster I can commit the package :)

~Brian

https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=163396364901247&w=2

October 11

On Monday, 11 October 2021 at 15:07:59 UTC, Brian wrote:

>

Hi all --

I am in the process of getting a DMD package shipped in the OpenBSD package repository.
If you are an OpenBSD user, please test and report back (on the OpenBSD mailing list, please) how it went for you. The more users test, the faster I can commit the package :)

~Brian

https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=163396364901247&w=2

Just saw the email come through this AM. Pleasantly shocked and surprised. :). Going to try to setup a snapshot today and test this out. I'll respond to the email once I give it a whirl.

Thanks,
Ryan

October 12

On Monday, 11 October 2021 at 15:07:59 UTC, Brian wrote:

>

Hi all --

I am in the process of getting a DMD package shipped in the OpenBSD package repository.
If you are an OpenBSD user, please test and report back (on the OpenBSD mailing list, please) how it went for you. The more users test, the faster I can commit the package :)

~Brian

https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=163396364901247&w=2

Cool, do you know anything about setting up OpenBSD CI pipelines for DMD/druntime/phobos so we don't break that accidentally?

October 12

On Tuesday, 12 October 2021 at 12:02:42 UTC, Nicholas Wilson wrote:

>

On Monday, 11 October 2021 at 15:07:59 UTC, Brian wrote:

>

Hi all --

I am in the process of getting a DMD package shipped in the OpenBSD package repository.
If you are an OpenBSD user, please test and report back (on the OpenBSD mailing list, please) how it went for you. The more users test, the faster I can commit the package :)

~Brian

https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=163396364901247&w=2

Cool, do you know anything about setting up OpenBSD CI pipelines for DMD/druntime/phobos so we don't break that accidentally?

I don't think any of the free ones support OpenBSD yet :)
There is SourceHut, which does support OpenBSD CI, but I don't think it is free to use.

~Brian

October 13

Hello D community --

I am pleased and excited to announce that I have committed a package of DMD to the OpenBSD package repository: https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports-cvs&m=163409989017870&w=2

OpenBSD -current users should be able to run pkg_add dmd sometime tomorrow to get a binary package of DMD.

Unfortunately, the timing of DMD 2.098.0 just missed the deadline to be included in OpenBSD 7.0. However, because -current and 7.0 are effectively the same in terms of libraries that matter for DMD, I will personally support OpenBSD 7.0 users who use the dmd-2.098.0 package until OpenBSD 7.1 is released (6 months from now).

~Brian

October 13

On Wednesday, 13 October 2021 at 04:46:06 UTC, Brian wrote:

>

Hello D community --

I am pleased and excited to announce that I have committed a package of DMD to the OpenBSD package repository: https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports-cvs&m=163409989017870&w=2

OpenBSD -current users should be able to run pkg_add dmd sometime tomorrow to get a binary package of DMD.

Cool. My OpenBSD box is on fritz so I haven't kept done more, but I have a short gdc-on-OpenBSD guide.

The login.conf step likely applies to dmd as well.

October 13

On Wednesday, 13 October 2021 at 05:47:48 UTC, jfondren wrote:

>

On Wednesday, 13 October 2021 at 04:46:06 UTC, Brian wrote:

>

Hello D community --

I am pleased and excited to announce that I have committed a package of DMD to the OpenBSD package repository: https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports-cvs&m=163409989017870&w=2

OpenBSD -current users should be able to run pkg_add dmd sometime tomorrow to get a binary package of DMD.

Cool. My OpenBSD box is on fritz so I haven't kept done more, but I have a short gdc-on-OpenBSD guide.

The login.conf step likely applies to dmd as well.

It does.

But you're going to have to further update your guide: I just posted ports of dub and gdmd to ports@. Please test and report back to ports@.

Also, does dub+gdmd actually work for you at runtime? I am getting this issue: https://issues.dlang.org/show_bug.cgi?id=22381

October 13

On Wednesday, 13 October 2021 at 06:00:57 UTC, Brian wrote:

>

It does.

But you're going to have to further update your guide: I just posted ports of dub and gdmd to ports@. Please test and report back to ports@.

Also, does dub+gdmd actually work for you at runtime? I am getting this issue: https://issues.dlang.org/show_bug.cgi?id=22381

Also, all the segfaults with dub should be fixed. If not, definitely let me know.

A port of the D tools will be sent tomorrow once I clean it up.

October 13

On Wednesday, 13 October 2021 at 06:03:30 UTC, Brian wrote:

>

On Wednesday, 13 October 2021 at 06:00:57 UTC, Brian wrote:

>

It does.

But you're going to have to further update your guide: I just posted ports of dub and gdmd to ports@. Please test and report back to ports@.

Also, does dub+gdmd actually work for you at runtime? I am getting this issue: https://issues.dlang.org/show_bug.cgi?id=22381

Also, all the segfaults with dub should be fixed. If not, definitely let me know.

A port of the D tools will be sent tomorrow once I clean it up.

A fresh build of dub (with gdc) is still segfaulting, and looks to be related to SDL:

$ dub -q init -n -f=json; dub -q run
Edit source/app.d to start your project.
$ rm -rf dub.{sdl,json} source
$ dub -q init -n -f=sdl; dub -q run
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I'll check out the new ports when they're available. Thanks!

October 13

On Wednesday, 13 October 2021 at 07:43:49 UTC, jfondren wrote:

>

A fresh build of dub (with gdc) is still segfaulting, and looks to be related to SDL:

$ dub -q init -n -f=json; dub -q run
Edit source/app.d to start your project.
$ rm -rf dub.{sdl,json} source
$ dub -q init -n -f=sdl; dub -q run
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I'll check out the new ports when they're available. Thanks!

You didn't update your gdc compiler. See gkoehler@'s patch on ports@.

~Brian

« First   ‹ Prev
1 2