November 17
On 11/17/21 5:12 PM, zjh wrote:
> On Wednesday, 17 November 2021 at 16:54:11 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

>> "D" is used as code for male genitals in informal
> 
> I'm Chinese. I don't understand that
> ..
> Have to think again.
> 

  https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-d

Ali

November 18

On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 01:16:35 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

>

On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 01:12:44 UTC, zjh wrote:

Those jokes are meaningless.

November 18
On Wednesday, 17 November 2021 at 16:54:11 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
> On Wednesday, 17 November 2021 at 11:04:09 UTC, zjh wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 17 November 2021 at 09:51:32 UTC, forkit wrote:
>>> I don't know if D has a motto. If it does, it aint' that great,
>>
>> `D,Yes,We Can`.
>
> "D" is used as code for male genitals in informal communication… Any motto with "D" in it will be subject for ridicule.

You don't say 'D', you say 'the D language'.

https://youtu.be/vC5JM_Pen_0?t=1238


November 18
On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 07:36:54 UTC, forkit wrote:
>
> You don't say 'D', you say 'the D language'.
>
> https://youtu.be/vC5JM_Pen_0?t=1238

let's all say it together shall we...

"the D language".
November 18

On Wednesday, 17 November 2021 at 11:04:09 UTC, zjh wrote:

>

D,Yes,We Can.

For some reason, the first thing that came to mind was the theme song of an old British cartoon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdVg-2jn2OU

However, "Can we D it? Yes we can!" seems a bit too long ;)

November 18

On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 01:12:44 UTC, zjh wrote:

>

On Wednesday, 17 November 2021 at 16:54:11 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

>

On Wednesday, 17 November 2021 at 11:04:09 UTC, zjh wrote:

>

On Wednesday, 17 November 2021 at 09:51:32 UTC, forkit wrote:

>

I don't know if D has a motto. If it does, it aint' that great,

D,Yes,We Can.

"D" is used as code for male genitals in informal

I'm Chinese. I don't understand that
.
Have to think again.

D is the first letter of dick. It's a childish americanism comparable to the n word or the f word.

November 18

On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 07:50:50 UTC, SealabJaster wrote:

> >

D,Yes,We Can.

>

However, "Can we D it? Yes we can!" seems a bit too long ;)

Let's D it!

November 18

On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 07:57:03 UTC, Patrick Schluter wrote:

>

D is the first letter of dick. It's a childish americanism comparable to the n word or the f word.

understand.

November 18

On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 08:14:42 UTC, zjh wrote:

>

On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 07:57:03 UTC, Patrick Schluter wrote:

>

D is the first letter of dick. It's a childish americanism comparable to the n word or the f word.

understand.

In America nearly every second word can have some sexual connotation. As if there weren't already too much of them. I personally find even the word "dick" far fetched to have that meaning. If you need a one-letter abbreviation, I would say it's the "P"-word. If you'd ask me, D is about the 13th letter that would come to mind to have some sexual meaning. Halve the latin alphabet is more likely to be misinterpreted that way.

God hates America.

November 18

On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 07:38:30 UTC, forkit wrote:

>

On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 07:36:54 UTC, forkit wrote:

>

You don't say 'D', you say 'the D language'.

https://youtu.be/vC5JM_Pen_0?t=1238

let's all say it together shall we...

"the D language".

Can we trust Andrei on this one? Let us try:

I often get stuck when I try "inout" in the D language.

The D language is hard, but not for long. You get used to it.

(Hmmmm...)

1 2 3 4 5 6