March 14, 2016
On Monday, 14 March 2016 at 09:04:28 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
> http://klickverbot.at/code/units/std_units.html#PrefixSystem

Should be:

http://klickverbot.at/code/units/std_si.html
March 14, 2016
On Monday, 14 March 2016 at 09:10:21 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
> http://klickverbot.at/code/units/std_si.html

One more thing: Angular units: I suggest non-SI-derived units for `Radian` and `Steradian` instead. Then, degrees and other derived angular units shall be expressed as scaled versions of these.

I don't see the point in defining these as meter/meter and meter^^2/meter^^2 in the type system.

Destroy!
March 14, 2016
On Monday, 14 March 2016 at 09:37:10 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
> One more thing: Angular units: I suggest non-SI-derived units for `Radian` and `Steradian` instead. Then, degrees and other derived angular units shall be expressed as scaled versions of these.

Oops, already defined here:

http://klickverbot.at/code/units/std_si.html#radian

Thanks, David.
March 14, 2016
On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 09:04:28 +0000, Nordlöw wrote:
> I've gained time and energy to take up this task again. It seems like David Nadlinger's solution is very complete:
> 
> https://github.com/klickverbot/phobos/tree/undefined
> 
> http://klickverbot.at/code/units/std_si.html

Ohm my, that's awesome. Watt needs to happen to get this into Phobos?
March 14, 2016
have a look at this!

https://github.com/biozic/quantities
March 15, 2016
On Monday, 14 March 2016 at 18:51:45 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:
> Ohm my, that's awesome. Watt needs to happen to get this into Phobos?

I'm cleaning up David's work right and will put up a PR today.
March 15, 2016
On Monday, 14 March 2016 at 19:08:18 UTC, Robert burner Schadek wrote:
> have a look at this!
>
> https://github.com/biozic/quantities

Could you briefly outline why you prefer this over David's work?
March 15, 2016
On Monday, 14 March 2016 at 09:04:28 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
> http://klickverbot.at/code/units/std_units.html
> http://klickverbot.at/code/units/std_units.html#PrefixSystem

No module name in Phobos is currently in plural form. I suggest we stick to that standard a name these

std.experimental.unit
std.experimental.unit.si

One thing. How should these modules be represented on the file system?

Destroy!
March 15, 2016
On Tuesday, 15 March 2016 at 09:13:10 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
> On Monday, 14 March 2016 at 09:04:28 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
>> http://klickverbot.at/code/units/std_units.html
>> http://klickverbot.at/code/units/std_units.html#PrefixSystem
>
> No module name in Phobos is currently in plural form.


std.traits
std.signals
std.typecons ;-)

> I suggest we stick to that standard a name these
>
> std.experimental.unit
> std.experimental.unit.si
>
> One thing. How should these modules be represented on the file system?

std/experimental/unit/package.d
std/experimental/unit/si.d

For some other modules, Andrei has insisted that package.d must publicly import all subpackages, but I see no reason for this. std.experimental.unit can contain the basic general functionality, and std.experimental.unit.si the SI specific ones.
March 15, 2016
On Tuesday, 15 March 2016 at 09:13:10 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
> On Monday, 14 March 2016 at 09:04:28 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
>> http://klickverbot.at/code/units/std_units.html
>> http://klickverbot.at/code/units/std_units.html#PrefixSystem
>
> No module name in Phobos is currently in plural form. I suggest we stick to that standard a name these
>
> std.experimental.unit
> std.experimental.unit.si
>
> One thing. How should these modules be represented on the file system?
>
> Destroy!

Is it able to manage quantities with a non-linear transformations, for example when dealing with octet and byte ?

(1024)!"byte" == 1!"kbyte";


1 2 3 4 5 6