Thread overview
VisualD for Visual Studio Mac?
Aug 17
Bienlein
Aug 18
Bienlein
Aug 22
russhy
August 17

Hello,

meanwhile Visual Studio also exists for Mac including VS 2019. So it would be really nice to have VisualD for the Mac as well. Are there any plans to make this happen?

Thanks, Bienlein

August 18
VS Mac is a rebranded Xamarin Studio/MonoDevelop. It is not Visual Studio.

VisualD does not support it.

We did have a plugin for MonoDevelop but major changes happened and the IDE is pretty awful code-wise so nobody has updated it.
August 18
On Wednesday, 18 August 2021 at 00:00:05 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
> VS Mac is a rebranded Xamarin Studio/MonoDevelop. It is not Visual Studio.
>
> VisualD does not support it.
>
> We did have a plugin for MonoDevelop but major changes happened and the IDE is pretty awful code-wise so nobody has updated it.

I see, didn't know VS for Mac is based on Xamarin. That basically means there is no IDE for D for the Mac that is not outdated and/or discontinued. That's a pitty.
August 18
On 18/08/2021 7:07 PM, Bienlein wrote:
> That basically means there is no IDE for D for the Mac that is not outdated and/or discontinued. That's a pitty.

What? No.

VS-Code and IntelliJ IDEA should both work.
August 22
On Wednesday, 18 August 2021 at 07:07:31 UTC, Bienlein wrote:
> On Wednesday, 18 August 2021 at 00:00:05 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
>> VS Mac is a rebranded Xamarin Studio/MonoDevelop. It is not Visual Studio.
>>
>> VisualD does not support it.
>>
>> We did have a plugin for MonoDevelop but major changes happened and the IDE is pretty awful code-wise so nobody has updated it.
>
> I see, didn't know VS for Mac is based on Xamarin. That basically means there is no IDE for D for the Mac that is not outdated and/or discontinued. That's a pitty.

VSCode with Code-D is perfect (you can also set breakpoints and debug your program using it)

Try it out, it's very nice: https://github.com/Pure-D/code-d

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=webfreak.code-d