Thread overview
outcome of each dconf2019 talk
Jul 29
matheus
Jul 29
matheus
Jul 29
Meta
July 29
I read from a post my Mike that the D foundation has a little reshuffle in their leadership strata and the that Atila Neves has assumed a major position. I will be glad if he can write a post about his dreams and way forward for D. Please Atila I want to here from you.

I want to know what will be the outcome of each of the Dconf 2019 talks especially Andre talk,  compile time,  protoobject etc.  Will they develop into a Dip,  are plans on for their implementations?

  Please this is not a thread for critizing D.  If you don't  have anything constructive to say please keep your post. I just want to know the way forward for D
July 29
On Monday, 29 July 2019 at 16:50:55 UTC, GreatSam4sure wrote:
> I read from a post my Mike that the D foundation has a little reshuffle in their leadership strata and the that Atila Neves has assumed a major position. I will be glad if he can write a post about his dreams and way forward for D. Please Atila I want to here from you.
>
> I want to know what will be the outcome of each of the Dconf 2019 talks especially Andre talk,  compile time,  protoobject etc.  Will they develop into a Dip,  are plans on for their implementations?
>
>   Please this is not a thread for critizing D.  If you don't  have anything constructive to say please keep your post. I just want to know the way forward for D

A blog post wouldn't be a bad idea. I'll talk to Walter and see what we decide.
July 29
On Monday, 29 July 2019 at 17:34:00 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> A blog post wouldn't be a bad idea. I'll talk to Walter and see what we decide.

Nice and may I suggest a complement to that?

I think It would be nice if you (Walter/Atila and others developers), could do a AMA over stream (Youtube etc.), where we could interact over, and which would be faster and right to the point.

What do you think?

Matheus.
July 29
On Monday, 29 July 2019 at 18:01:36 UTC, matheus wrote:
> I think It would be nice if you (Walter/Atila and others developers), could do a AMA over stream...

By the way "a monthly AMA".

Matheus.
July 29
On Monday, 29 July 2019 at 17:34:00 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> On Monday, 29 July 2019 at 16:50:55 UTC, GreatSam4sure wrote:
>> [...]
>
> A blog post wouldn't be a bad idea. I'll talk to Walter and see what we decide.


Thanks a million, times. Can't wait
July 29
On Monday, 29 July 2019 at 17:34:00 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> On Monday, 29 July 2019 at 16:50:55 UTC, GreatSam4sure wrote:
>> I read from a post my Mike that the D foundation has a little reshuffle in their leadership strata and the that Atila Neves has assumed a major position. I will be glad if he can write a post about his dreams and way forward for D. Please Atila I want to here from you.
>>
>> I want to know what will be the outcome of each of the Dconf 2019 talks especially Andre talk,  compile time,  protoobject etc.  Will they develop into a Dip,  are plans on for their implementations?
>>
>>   Please this is not a thread for critizing D.  If you don't  have anything constructive to say please keep your post. I just want to know the way forward for D
>
> A blog post wouldn't be a bad idea. I'll talk to Walter and see what we decide.

I've been meaning to post about this as well - what exactly is Andrei's position/relation to D now? Has he stepped down as head architect of D, or only from the more management-type stuff? Is he still actively working on D and is he still a part of the DLF? Has his position within the DLF changed?