Thread overview
April 11

Beerconf!

In celebration of tax day being moved to May, we are going to instead honor D and beer (and any other beverage or topic you'd like to honor). But instead of doing it on the original tax day, April 15th, we will do it on April 24-25. Because, reasons.

For anyone not familiar with Beerconf, you can read about it here

And yes, I'm writing this on the web forum so I can use all the fancy new DDoc markdown (my poor thunderbird NNTP client cannot participate :( ). I just need to throw in a table, for good measure:

Fun facts in beerconf history:

Key Value
Number of online beerconfs 10
Number of beers consumed Probably a lot
Number of topics discussed Also a lot
Number of dlang bugs fixed countless
Cleanings of my basement office 0

See you in a couple weeks!

-Steve

April 11

On Sunday, 11 April 2021 at 12:49:00 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

>

Beerconf!

In celebration of tax day being moved to May, we are going to instead honor D and beer (and any other beverage or topic you'd like to honor). But instead of doing it on the original tax day, April 15th, we will do it on April 24-25. Because, reasons.

[...]

Looking forward to it. I've even got a camera now

April 21

On Sunday, 11 April 2021 at 12:49:00 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

>

Beerconf!

In celebration of tax day being moved to May, we are going to instead honor D and beer (and any other beverage or topic you'd like to honor). But instead of doing it on the original tax day, April 15th, we will do it on April 24-25. Because, reasons.

It's nearly time, just 3 more days. See you then! 🍺

-Steve

April 23
Excerpts from Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce's message of April 11, 2021 2:49 pm:
> # Beerconf!
> 
> In celebration of tax day being [moved to May](https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/tax-day-for-individuals-extended-to-may-17-treasury-irs-extend-filing-and-payment-deadline), we are going to instead honor D and beer (and any other beverage or topic you'd like to honor). But instead of doing it on the original tax day, April 15th, we will do it on April 24-25. Because, *reasons*.
> 
> For anyone not familiar with Beerconf, you can read about it [here](https://wiki.dlang.org/Beerconf)
> 
> And yes, I'm writing this on the web forum so I can use all the *fancy* **new** ~~DDoc~~ __markdown__ (my poor thunderbird NNTP client cannot participate :( ). I just need to throw in a table, for good measure:
> 

*This* **reminds** ~~me~~ __that__ I'm yet to give markdown a try from my own mail client.

> ### Fun facts in beerconf history:
> 
> |Key|Value|
> |---|-----|
> |Number of online beerconfs|10|
> |Number of beers consumed|Probably a lot|
> |Number of topics discussed|Also a lot|
> |Number of dlang bugs fixed|countless|
> |Cleanings of my basement office|0|
> 

|Key|Value|
|---|-----|
|Number of times Steven has said autodecoding|+Inf|

Alright, see you all tomorrow afternoon (if you're living near to UTC).


April 23
On Friday, 23 April 2021 at 16:53:03 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> *This* **reminds** ~~me~~ __that__ I'm yet to give markdown a try from my own mail client.

It seems you're missing a header. From Steve's post:

> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed; delsp=no; markup=markdown

--
  Simen
April 24

Hi all,

Beerconf is inviting you to a meeting.

Join the meeting: https://meet.jit.si/Dlang2021AprilBeerConf
Password: import std.sumtype;

See you there!

April 24
On Friday, 23 April 2021 at 17:22:24 UTC, Simen Kjærås wrote:
> It seems you're missing a header. From Steve's post:
>

On further inspection, it does look like my mail client strips out all headers that aren't To, Cc, Bcc, and Subject.  I guess will have to use git send-email instead, but will leave that to another day. ;-)