Thread overview
serve-d and spindump
1 day ago
Joel
23 hours ago
psyscout
11 hours ago
Joel
1 day ago
On my macOS 10.14.6 computer, I close serve-d thread when it's using too much CPU, I also knock off spindump for the same reason. I get artifacts and junk that flash on my screen - I don't know if that's connected to removing those or not. Does anyone else have these problems? I always have Visual Code running for D programming.

I found an old solitary post[0] about it, or so.

[0] Bug with profiling GC with multiple threads/fibers
23 hours ago
On Friday, 13 September 2019 at 23:47:00 UTC, Joel wrote:
> On my macOS 10.14.6 computer, I close serve-d thread when it's using too much CPU, I also knock off spindump for the same reason. I get artifacts and junk that flash on my screen - I don't know if that's connected to removing those or not. Does anyone else have these problems? I always have Visual Code running for D programming.
>
> I found an old solitary post[0] about it, or so.
>
> [0] Bug with profiling GC with multiple threads/fibers

I had a similar issue with crazy CPU consumption when I used VS Code. The root cause for me was "autosave" and "build on save" settings turned on simultaneously. Basically, it was trying to build the entire project every time save happened, and it was frequent enough to overwhelm the CPU.

The fix was in: File=>Preferences=>Settings, Then extensions=>D:Enable Dub Linting, have to be disabled (unchecked).

Hopefully, this helps.
11 hours ago
On Saturday, 14 September 2019 at 10:14:19 UTC, psyscout wrote:
> On Friday, 13 September 2019 at 23:47:00 UTC, Joel wrote:
>> [...]
>
> I had a similar issue with crazy CPU consumption when I used VS Code. The root cause for me was "autosave" and "build on save" settings turned on simultaneously. Basically, it was trying to build the entire project every time save happened, and it was frequent enough to overwhelm the CPU.
>
> The fix was in: File=>Preferences=>Settings, Then extensions=>D:Enable Dub Linting, have to be disabled (unchecked).
>
> Hopefully, this helps.

Thanks psyscout - I'm now trying that. On my machine, I used [command]+[,] to get to settings.