Thread overview
run.dlang.io dmd version < 2.086 fail
Nov 17
GoaLitiuM
November 17
The "All dmd compiler versions" is an incredibly useful part of the online editor/playground, but versions prior to 2.086.1 seem not to be installed correctly:

```
onlineapp.d(1): Error: module `std` is in file 'std.d' which cannot be read
import path[0] = /path/to/dmd.linux/dmd2/linux/bin64/../../src/phobos
import path[1] = /path/to/dmd.linux/dmd2/linux/bin64/../../src/druntime/import
```

whereas subsequent versions run (and succeed/fail as expected depending on code and features used)
November 17
On Sunday, 17 November 2019 at 15:48:09 UTC, James Blachly wrote:
> The "All dmd compiler versions" is an incredibly useful part of the online editor/playground, but versions prior to 2.086.1 seem not to be installed correctly:
>
> ```
> onlineapp.d(1): Error: module `std` is in file 'std.d' which cannot be read
> import path[0] = /path/to/dmd.linux/dmd2/linux/bin64/../../src/phobos
> import path[1] = /path/to/dmd.linux/dmd2/linux/bin64/../../src/druntime/import
> ```
>
> whereas subsequent versions run (and succeed/fail as expected depending on code and features used)

What code are you trying to run? `std` is a fresh addition. it wasn't available in the older versions.
November 17
On 11/17/19 10:53 AM, Eugene Wissner wrote:
> On Sunday, 17 November 2019 at 15:48:09 UTC, James Blachly wrote:
> What code are you trying to run? `std` is a fresh addition. it wasn't available in the older versions.

The default "Hello D" provided by the playground. A quick swap for std.stdio fixes -- thanks for pointing this out.
November 17
On Sunday, 17 November 2019 at 15:55:58 UTC, James Blachly wrote:
> On 11/17/19 10:53 AM, Eugene Wissner wrote:
>> On Sunday, 17 November 2019 at 15:48:09 UTC, James Blachly wrote:
>> What code are you trying to run? `std` is a fresh addition. it wasn't available in the older versions.
>
> The default "Hello D" provided by the playground. A quick swap for std.stdio fixes -- thanks for pointing this out.

Replace "import std" with "import std.experimental.all".
November 18
On Sunday, 17 November 2019 at 18:15:02 UTC, GoaLitiuM wrote:
> On Sunday, 17 November 2019 at 15:55:58 UTC, James Blachly wrote:
>> On 11/17/19 10:53 AM, Eugene Wissner wrote:
>>> On Sunday, 17 November 2019 at 15:48:09 UTC, James Blachly wrote:
>>> What code are you trying to run? `std` is a fresh addition. it wasn't available in the older versions.
>>
>> The default "Hello D" provided by the playground. A quick swap for std.stdio fixes -- thanks for pointing this out.
>
> Replace "import std" with "import std.experimental.all".

`std.experimental.all` was introduced in the DMD 2.079.0 release [1], however starting with DMD 2.086.0 it was deprecated in favor of simpler `std` package name [2]. Usually, the D deprecation process is around 2 years (or 12 major releases), but since this feature was experimental (hence the std.experimental.all name), the deprecation process was fast tracked. `std.experimental.all` will most likely be removed starting with the 2.090.0 release.


[1]: https://dlang.org/changelog/2.079.0.html
[2]: https://dlang.org/changelog/2.086.0.html