I've finally compiled all of the feedback from the Gripes and Wishes campaign into a single document for your perusal. Thanks to everyone who sent something to me. If you did send feedback and don't see it here, please let me know.
A few notes:
- I've excluded Bugzilla issues that have since been closed
- I've tried to include examples and suggestions that were provided along with the points, but I have cut out some bits that were irrelevant or extraneous.
- I've not included compliments. I wanted to focus only on things we need to fix/change. But the compliments were received and much appreciated.
- There were three pieces that I decided not to breakdown into actionable items and included in longform instead. Those are at the bottom of the document.
- I'll probably update this list after our planning meeting tomorrow.
So, the next steps related to this. Generally, we need to:
- establish some high-level goals
- go through this list to see what fits with those goals, what doesn't fit now but could be done later, and what is unlikely to ever fit any goals
- discuss additional ideas from our own wish lists (and I'll update the document with those once I have them all)
- prioritize everything we've decided fits our current goals
- publish categorized task lists
- work out who among us is responsible for what
- get things done
That last one is the hard part. I'll have more to say about it when the time comes.