October 10, 2014
On Thursday, 9 October 2014 at 08:13:21 UTC, Gabor Mezo wrote:
> Hey,
>
> We have made progress. I've merged my computation code into a single module, and now the LDC build is as perfomant as the Clang one! The benchmark took around 0.044 secs. It's slower that the GDC version but it is amazing that D language can be as performant as C++ by using the same compiler backend, so no magic allowed.
>
> Results pushed in.

The -singleobj flag may give you that same performance boost without having to refactor the code.
October 10, 2014
On Friday, 10 October 2014 at 12:13:49 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 October 2014 at 08:13:21 UTC, Gabor Mezo wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> We have made progress. I've merged my computation code into a single module, and now the LDC build is as perfomant as the Clang one! The benchmark took around 0.044 secs. It's slower that the GDC version but it is amazing that D language can be as performant as C++ by using the same compiler backend, so no magic allowed.
>>
>> Results pushed in.
>
> The -singleobj flag may give you that same performance boost without having to refactor the code.

How do you do this by using dub?
October 10, 2014
On Friday, 10 October 2014 at 15:08:21 UTC, Gabor Mezo wrote:
> On Friday, 10 October 2014 at 12:13:49 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
>> On Thursday, 9 October 2014 at 08:13:21 UTC, Gabor Mezo wrote:
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> We have made progress. I've merged my computation code into a single module, and now the LDC build is as perfomant as the Clang one! The benchmark took around 0.044 secs. It's slower that the GDC version but it is amazing that D language can be as performant as C++ by using the same compiler backend, so no magic allowed.
>>>
>>> Results pushed in.
>>
>> The -singleobj flag may give you that same performance boost without having to refactor the code.
>
> How do you do this by using dub?

Ok, thanks, I've already figured it out.

October 11, 2014
On Wednesday, 8 October 2014 at 17:31:21 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
> [...]
> so real-world test-cases where one compiler does much better than another are interesting to me.

I recently posted a test case [1] that originated from the discussion [2].

[1] http://forum.dlang.org/thread/fowvgokbjuxplvcskswg@forum.dlang.org
[2] http://forum.dlang.org/thread/ls9dbk$jkq$1@digitalmars.com

Kind regards,
Fool
October 13, 2014
I just wanted to inform you guys, that I optimized my code to
avoid casting entirely in hot paths. To be fair I did backport my
refinements to C++ version. Now all builds runs with roughly the
same performance (Clang, LDC, GDC).

All changes are pushed to the mentioned repo.

Thanks for your help, I'm satisfied. (And eagerly waiting for
2.066 compatible GDC and LDC releases. :))
Next ›   Last »
1 2 3