Jump to page: 1 2
Thread overview
Windows Bindings v1.0
Feb 16
Rumbu
Feb 16
Rumbu
Feb 17
Rumbu
Feb 16
Elronnd
Feb 16
Rumbu
Feb 17
Dennis
Feb 18
Dennis
Feb 18
Rumbu
February 16
The D Windows SDK projection reached first version. Generated bindings were compiled succesfully.

https://github.com/rumbu13/windows-d

Destroy!




February 16
On 16/02/2021 9:45 PM, Rumbu wrote:
> The D Windows SDK projection reached first version. Generated bindings were compiled succesfully.
> 
> https://github.com/rumbu13/windows-d
> 
> Destroy!

All of the symbols and modules need to be documented so that the documentation generators will generate documentation for them.

By the looks a good percentage of DirectX is in there. Which is wonderful.

I checked as it will be important for a project like this, but it doesn't seem like the docs around IUnknown is correct.

https://dlang.org/spec/interface.html#com-interfaces

It seems the exact location for IUnknown doesn't matter.

Great work!
February 16
Maybe the wrong place to bring it up, but: any chance this will be merged into core.sys.windows?
February 16
On Tuesday, 16 February 2021 at 09:36:12 UTC, Elronnd wrote:
> Maybe the wrong place to bring it up, but: any chance this will be merged into core.sys.windows?

I'm also wondering about this
February 16
On Tuesday, 16 February 2021 at 08:53:06 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
>
> All of the symbols and modules need to be documented so that the documentation generators will generate documentation for them.
>

Sincerely, I doubt that it's a good idea to duplicate gigs of WinAPI documentation which can be found on the official Microsoft sites. Or may be you want to stress test the D compiler when it's generating documentation :)

WinAPI docs are available here [1] in md format (1.6Gb, 64280 files, 1347 folders). Someone should build a md scrapper.

BTW, none of the core.sys.* packages are documented.

[1] https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/sdk-api
February 16
On Tuesday, 16 February 2021 at 08:45:19 UTC, Rumbu wrote:
> The D Windows SDK projection reached first version. Generated bindings were compiled succesfully.
>
> https://github.com/rumbu13/windows-d
>
> Destroy!

Hi, I'll be getting in touch about featuring this on the D blog soon - would you prefer to be contacted anywhere other than your git email?
February 16
On Tuesday, 16 February 2021 at 20:49:30 UTC, Max Haughton wrote:
> On Tuesday, 16 February 2021 at 08:45:19 UTC, Rumbu wrote:
>> The D Windows SDK projection reached first version. Generated bindings were compiled succesfully.
>>
>> https://github.com/rumbu13/windows-d
>>
>> Destroy!
>
> Hi, I'll be getting in touch about featuring this on the D blog soon - would you prefer to be contacted anywhere other than your git email?

It is ok on that e-mail.
February 17
On 17/02/2021 9:45 AM, Rumbu wrote:
> On Tuesday, 16 February 2021 at 08:53:06 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
>>
>> All of the symbols and modules need to be documented so that the documentation generators will generate documentation for them.
>>
> 
> Sincerely, I doubt that it's a good idea to duplicate gigs of WinAPI documentation which can be found on the official Microsoft sites. Or may be you want to stress test the D compiler when it's generating documentation :)

Its documented (partially).

https://github.com/dlang/druntime/blob/master/src/core/sys/windows/aclui.d#L1

Note I am only talking about some ///'s at the end of the line.
https://dlang.org/spec/ddoc.html#parsing
February 17
On 2/16/21 3:45 PM, Rumbu wrote:
> On Tuesday, 16 February 2021 at 08:53:06 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
>>
>> All of the symbols and modules need to be documented so that the documentation generators will generate documentation for them.
>>
> 
> Sincerely, I doubt that it's a good idea to duplicate gigs of WinAPI documentation which can be found on the official Microsoft sites. Or may be you want to stress test the D compiler when it's generating documentation :)

Note that in-line docs help with more than just putting docs on dlang.org. It helps with IDEs that use the docs to tell you what your function you are typing is doing, and also if you are reading the source code.

> 
> WinAPI docs are available here [1] in md format (1.6Gb, 64280 files, 1347 folders). Someone should build a md scrapper.

What about just having the short summary, and then links to the MS docs?

-Steve
February 17
On Wednesday, 17 February 2021 at 14:53:11 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> On 2/16/21 3:45 PM, Rumbu wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 16 February 2021 at 08:53:06 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
>>>[...]
>> 
>> Sincerely, I doubt that it's a good idea to duplicate gigs of WinAPI documentation which can be found on the official Microsoft sites. Or may be you want to stress test the D compiler when it's generating documentation :)
>
> Note that in-line docs help with more than just putting docs on dlang.org. It helps with IDEs that use the docs to tell you what your function you are typing is doing, and also if you are reading the source code.
>
>> 
>> WinAPI docs are available here [1] in md format (1.6Gb, 64280 files, 1347 folders). Someone should build a md scrapper.
>
> What about just having the short summary, and then links to the MS docs?
>
> -Steve

OK, you convinced me :)

Enjoy: https://github.com/rumbu13/windows-d#features


« First   ‹ Prev
1 2