Thread overview
How to edit colors of syntax highlight in Code-D for VS Code
Apr 03
Andrey
Apr 03
Seb
April 03
Hello,
How to edit colors of syntax highlight in Code-D for VS Code (https://github.com/Pure-D/code-d)?
Where colors, where indents, where spaces setup?
Notepad++ can do it.
April 03
On Wednesday, 3 April 2019 at 08:56:22 UTC, Andrey wrote:
> Hello,
> How to edit colors of syntax highlight in Code-D for VS Code (https://github.com/Pure-D/code-d)?
> Where colors, where indents, where spaces setup?
> Notepad++ can do it.

You probably want to ask this on the respective GitHub page for Code-D or on the respective Discord channel as this subforum is not closely monitored by all editor authors.
April 03
On Wednesday, 3 April 2019 at 08:56:22 UTC, Andrey wrote:
> Hello,
> How to edit colors of syntax highlight in Code-D for VS Code (https://github.com/Pure-D/code-d)?
> Where colors, where indents, where spaces setup?
> Notepad++ can do it.

hi, I think the only way to edit the syntax highlighting in VS Code is to edit the plugin itself (for code-d this would be at https://github.com/Pure-D/code-d/blob/master/syntaxes/d.json)

See also: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40175795/how-to-add-keywords-syntax-highlighting-to-language-extension (the changes are not permanent and not really good to maintain, try getting them in upstream instead)
April 04
On 2019-04-03 22:08, WebFreak001 wrote:

> hi, I think the only way to edit the syntax highlighting in VS Code is to edit the plugin itself (for code-d this would be at https://github.com/Pure-D/code-d/blob/master/syntaxes/d.json)
> 
> See also: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40175795/how-to-add-keywords-syntax-highlighting-to-language-extension (the changes are not permanent and not really good to maintain, try getting them in upstream instead)

For the colors. Doesn't VS Code have themes to control this?

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg
April 04
On Thursday, 4 April 2019 at 09:43:48 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2019-04-03 22:08, WebFreak001 wrote:
>
>> hi, I think the only way to edit the syntax highlighting in VS Code is to edit the plugin itself (for code-d this would be at https://github.com/Pure-D/code-d/blob/master/syntaxes/d.json)
>> 
>> See also: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40175795/how-to-add-keywords-syntax-highlighting-to-language-extension (the changes are not permanent and not really good to maintain, try getting them in upstream instead)
>
> For the colors. Doesn't VS Code have themes to control this?

themes will change entire types and you can't really change the grammar if you find something annoying (like for example types and names having the same color)

But if OP just wants different colors then themes would be the way to go yes