August 02, 2001
Shouldn't all these be moved the c++.chat? I am cross posting to it now......

Jan Knepper <jan@smartsoft.cc> wrote in message news:3B681D36.D37021E9@smartsoft.cc...
> Rajiv Bhagwat wrote:
>
> > Where is it? Can we take a look atleast?
>
> That would be nice.

Yeh, I'll set up one sample site and find some time to convert an old old Digital Dual Pentium 133 box into FreeBSD to see I can port it quickly.  I kind of like the FreeBSD's way of handling extended file seek function.... (64-bit offset thing).

Too busy writing Win32 stuff nowadays.

> I actually am more fond of the BSD's that Linux, but it seems that most compiles and runs on both anyways. digitalmars.com is actually hosted on FreeBSD 4.3 in case you didn't know running Apache. (Check http://www.netcraft.com/ on it if you want).

Yep, seen it:

telnet www.digitalmars.com 80
Trying 63.105.9.61...
Connected to digitalmars.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
HEAD / HTTP/1.1

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Connection: close
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 12:06:10 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.12 (Unix)
Content-Type: text/html

Connection closed by foreign host.

Arjan Knepper <arjan@jak.nl> wrote in message news:3B684ADD.6AF6CCAB@jak.nl...

> Windows and FreeBSD. Lots of FreeBSD right now. I boy wouldn't it be great to have
DMC/C++
> on *BSD and GNU/Linux platforms.....

This is a Walter thing.  (hint hint hint).  Personally I would love to have DMC++
generating
code for micros like those NEC V850 and VR series. This is a "big" market for
Windows CE stuff.  I am still doing it in C (oh yes, another personality I am in).

Have you tried Wine on Linux/FreeBSD? May be we can run DMC++ that way....

August 02, 2001
Kar Gay Lim wrote:

> Shouldn't all these be moved the c++.chat? I am cross posting to it now......

So do I..

> Jan Knepper <jan@smartsoft.cc> wrote in message news:3B681D36.D37021E9@smartsoft.cc...
> > Rajiv Bhagwat wrote:
> >
> > > Where is it? Can we take a look atleast?
> >
> > That would be nice.
>
> Yeh, I'll set up one sample site and find some time to convert an old old Digital Dual Pentium 133 box into FreeBSD to see I can port it quickly.  I kind of like the FreeBSD's way of handling extended file seek function.... (64-bit offset thing).
>
> Too busy writing Win32 stuff nowadays.
>
> > I actually am more fond of the BSD's that Linux, but it seems that most compiles and runs on both anyways. digitalmars.com is actually hosted on FreeBSD 4.3 in case you didn't know running Apache. (Check http://www.netcraft.com/ on it if you want).
>
> Yep, seen it:
>
> telnet www.digitalmars.com 80
> Trying 63.105.9.61...
> Connected to digitalmars.com.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> HEAD / HTTP/1.1
>
> HTTP/1.0 200 OK
> Connection: close
> Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 12:06:10 GMT
> Server: Apache/1.3.12 (Unix)
> Content-Type: text/html
>
> Connection closed by foreign host.
>
> Arjan Knepper <arjan@jak.nl> wrote in message news:3B684ADD.6AF6CCAB@jak.nl...
>
> > Windows and FreeBSD. Lots of FreeBSD right now. I boy wouldn't it be great to have
> DMC/C++
> > on *BSD and GNU/Linux platforms.....
>
> This is a Walter thing.  (hint hint hint).  Personally I would love to have DMC++
> generating
> code for micros like those NEC V850 and VR series. This is a "big" market for
> Windows CE stuff.  I am still doing it in C (oh yes, another personality I am in).
>
> Have you tried Wine on Linux/FreeBSD? May be we can run DMC++ that way....

Command line compiler runs, idde does not, at least not on FreeBSD-STABLE. Arjan

1 2
Next ›   Last »