May 27, 2004
Arcane Jill wrote:
> In article <c904uv$1skt$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Daniel Horn says...
> 
>>Hi-
>>Actually I'm on a bit of a time budget here... so if you could send it t o me sooner I'd be much obliged (the hotmail addy is fine).
>>I only need +,-,*,/,%
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 
> Not really, I'm afraid. All there is left for me to do now is wrapping it up,
> adding documentation, licensing (BSD-style) and so on. To be honest, it would
> take almost as long to wrap it up for you as for everybody else.
> 
> Today is Wednesday. The package will be ready sometime over the weekend. If
> that's really not soon enough for your time budget then you can always use the
> gmp library (Gnu Multi-Precision) in C.
> 
> Sorry, but, I'm an artist. Things will be ready when they are ready. That's all
> I can say.
> 
> Arcane Jill
> 

Well I can't argue with that--we all have our own schedules :-)
Ok I can wait until the weekend. I'll try to use a ulong for now and then use your BigInteger as a drop in replacement (I'll templatize everything)
And if necessary I'll use that C Wrapper--but having everything in native D will make this more beautiful.

Soon D will have it's own raytracer... the most accurate ray tracer in the west-- probably also the slowest ;-) but hey..for what I'm doing I can't lose a decimal without disasterous consequences ;-)

--Daniel

PS: Walter: are you going to include this BigInteger class native in phobos soon?  I mean that's something that's quite useful for a language to have.
May 27, 2004
In article <c94l4e$2fuq$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Stephan Wienczny says...
>

>I wanted to know which _crypto_ alogrithm you are going to implement!?! RSA, ECC, Rijndael?
>
>Stephan

Woops! Misunderstood you there. Sorry about that.

Well, basically all of them. (Not sure I've heard of ECC, but I'm sure I could
look it up).

In any case, it will be open source, so any I miss out, other people can add.

Arcane Jill.

May 27, 2004
May question was not that clear the first time...
ECC stands for Elliptic Curve Cryptography, maybe you have heard about that.
It's faster then RSA and more secure. It's greatest use today are mobile phones and WAP.
If you would like to get some inspiration you could have a look at crypto++ (http://sourceforge.net/projects/cryptopp). That's the best C++ cryptolib I know.

Stephan

Arcane Jill wrote:
> Woops! Misunderstood you there. Sorry about that.
> 
> Well, basically all of them. (Not sure I've heard of ECC, but I'm sure I could
> look it up).
> 
> In any case, it will be open source, so any I miss out, other people can add.
> 
> Arcane Jill.
> 
> 
May 27, 2004
In article <c95pkg$2069$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Stephan Wienczny says...
>
>May question was not that clear the first time...
>ECC stands for Elliptic Curve Cryptography, maybe you have heard about that.
>... have a look at
>crypto++ (http://sourceforge.net/projects/cryptopp).

Actually, I did know about ECC, and do play to use it - I just hadn't twigged the abbreviation. I knew about crypto++ too.

We're off-topic for the thread title here. Feel free to change it if you want to carry on talking about crypto, but my crypto lib is a little way in the future yet. Gotta get those big integers out first.

Jill

May 27, 2004
>carry on talking about crypto, but my crypto lib is a little way in the future yet. Gotta get those big integers out first.

Yeah, baby, let's see those big integers of yours.  B-)

1 2
Next ›   Last »