April 14, 2006
In article <e1mv1l$12mt$1@digitaldaemon.com>, Dan says...
>
>Hey Justin,
>
>Yeah, I pretty much yanked Carlos' work too.  I was emailing him a few times about it, and he claimed he was pretty much just tinkering his way through it. I don't believe him.  I'm pretty sure he was a COM wizard.  :p

Yeah, it's pretty impressive stuff.

>I was just mentioning *potential* expansions for an ECMAScript engine at DMDScript's current state.  I wasn't offering to do all those.  :(  Like I

Oh, okay. I misunderstood.

>said though, I _am_ starting work on my own engine, and it's going fairly well.  I blueprinted the lexer, parser, program and main components yesterday, and wrote the console main.  Today I figured I'd start work on the mundane text and message files.

Well, good luck with everything. It sounds like you have some good ideas.

>I am working on a very interesting ECMAScript engine from scratch, which I hopeto release under the BSD license.

The BSD license is cool.

jcc7 (a/k/a Justin)
April 21, 2006
Hi guys!

I'm done moving.  Man was that exhausting.  I now have the big lexer switch working, and the lexer is properly reading numbers, whitespace and comments. I'm thinking I need to hurry up with the lexer if I'm gonna finish this project within a reasonable time frame.  The parser/bytecode compiler are gonna take a long time for me, because I'm not very good at the theory behind those.  I'll have to do some homework.

Thanks guys for the input.

April 25, 2006
I too, would love to get DMDScript close to what JScript is, right now.  I could help you on the testing, since I have so many JScript code hanging around and being used on my lab and network.  However, I have no time for programming other than just getting most of my JScript code translated to D. ;-)

thanks...

Justin C Calvarese says...
>
>Dan wrote:
>> COM
>> ~~~
>> Some folks around here tried implementing COM, self included... but I don't
>> think anyone's published a successful replication of JScript's level of support.
>> Even DMDScript's C++ version was said to have problems though I haven't been
>> paying attention to know if that's out of date info.
>
>I'm one of those folks who's interested in COM. I'd love to have something close to what JScript does with ActiveX in DMDScript.
>
>> Using COM from within D isn't hard at all though - there are header libraries from dsource.org on the minwin project as well as some old abandoned project called core32.  Someone around there managed to get ActiveX working in D and I wrapped that in a D object.
>
>I put the ActiveX stuff in the SVN repository for core32. I think Carlos Santander did the heavy lifting, but I added some of my ideas to it. I never really figured out what was going on enough to move past trivial applications, though.
>
>I'm eagerly anticipating to see the realization of your vision. :)
>
>-- 
>jcc7

April 28, 2006
Just wanted to say I'm still around.

Well, I am practically finished writing the lexer.  I'm about to start work on the parser.  The program structure is all written up, the methods are not.

Once I can get it to execute a method and a property from script, I'll open up the source under the new BSD license.

I read much of the ECMAScript spec, and unfortunately the inside of the engine is completely different from spec.  I hope the script itself is up to spec.  : )

And that's all!

1 2
Next ›   Last »