July 23, 2008
Jarrett Billingsley a écrit :
> "Don" <nospam@nospam.com.au> wrote in message news:g64mge$200f$1@digitalmars.com...
>> Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
>>> "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:g5ufre$264o$1@digitalmars.com...
>>>> "sleek" <cslush@gmail.com> wrote in message news:g5u57t$1i6n$1@digitalmars.com...
>>>>> I discovered this to be user error. I didn't realize that dsss was creating a "dsss_objs" folder. For whatever reason, I couldn't simply do a "dsss build mymodule.d" and have it cleanly create a new instance. I guess I need to do a "dsss clean" before rebuilding. Thanks for the help Jarret
>>>> Alternatively, you can do "dsss build -full mymodule.d".  That forces a full rebuild.
>>>>
>>>> And it's Jarrett with two Ts.
>>> And everyone, I mean *everyone* misspells it the wrong way.  It's like a conspiracy.
>> You should see what happens to my surname. I have a list of more than 200 different ways that people have got it wrong. Including several on official documents.
> 
> Wow, I get my last name misspelled too but not quite that diversely.  You wouldn't think "Clugston" would give people that much trouble. 
> 
> 

Please don't complain about complicated last names. :-P
July 23, 2008
"Ary Borenszweig" <ary@esperanto.org.ar> wrote in message news:g660fr$2156$1@digitalmars.com...
> Jarrett Billingsley a écrit :
>> "Don" <nospam@nospam.com.au> wrote in message news:g64mge$200f$1@digitalmars.com...
>>> Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
>>>> "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:g5ufre$264o$1@digitalmars.com...
>>>>> "sleek" <cslush@gmail.com> wrote in message news:g5u57t$1i6n$1@digitalmars.com...
>>>>>> I discovered this to be user error. I didn't realize that dsss was creating a "dsss_objs" folder. For whatever reason, I couldn't simply do a "dsss build mymodule.d" and have it cleanly create a new instance. I guess I need to do a "dsss clean" before rebuilding. Thanks for the help Jarret
>>>>> Alternatively, you can do "dsss build -full mymodule.d".  That forces a full rebuild.
>>>>>
>>>>> And it's Jarrett with two Ts.
>>>> And everyone, I mean *everyone* misspells it the wrong way.  It's like a conspiracy.
>>> You should see what happens to my surname. I have a list of more than 200 different ways that people have got it wrong. Including several on official documents.
>>
>> Wow, I get my last name misspelled too but not quite that diversely.  You wouldn't think "Clugston" would give people that much trouble.
>
> Please don't complain about complicated last names. :-P

O_O

July 23, 2008
Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
> "Don" <nospam@nospam.com.au> wrote in message news:g64mge$200f$1@digitalmars.com...
>>> "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:g5ufre$264o$1@digitalmars.com...
>>>> "sleek" <cslush@gmail.com> wrote in message news:g5u57t$1i6n$1@digitalmars.com...
>>>>> I discovered this to be user error. I didn't realize that dsss was creating a "dsss_objs" folder. For whatever reason, I couldn't simply do a "dsss build mymodule.d" and have it cleanly create a new instance. I guess I need to do a "dsss clean" before rebuilding. Thanks for the help Jarret
>>>> Alternatively, you can do "dsss build -full mymodule.d".  That forces a full rebuild.
>>>>
>>>> And it's Jarrett with two Ts.
>>> And everyone, I mean *everyone* misspells it the wrong way.  It's like a conspiracy.
>> You should see what happens to my surname. I have a list of more than 200 different ways that people have got it wrong. Including several on official documents.
> 
> Wow, I get my last name misspelled too but not quite that diversely.  You wouldn't think "Clugston" would give people that much trouble. 

Gwgston, Cluster, Augsta, Klaxton, Coueston, Clipson, McClugston, ...
And three different variants in one school report. Every teacher spelt it differently.
My favourite was for my grandfather: a commemorative plaque to Mr Plugphon for 35 years of service as the former CEO.

Ary must have a really hard time.
July 23, 2008
Don wrote:
> Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
>> "Don" <nospam@nospam.com.au> wrote in message news:g64mge$200f$1@digitalmars.com...
>>> Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
>>>> "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:g5ufre$264o$1@digitalmars.com...
>>>>> "sleek" <cslush@gmail.com> wrote in message news:g5u57t$1i6n$1@digitalmars.com...
>>>>>> I discovered this to be user error. I didn't realize that dsss was creating a "dsss_objs" folder. For whatever reason, I couldn't simply do a "dsss build mymodule.d" and have it cleanly create a new instance. I guess I need to do a "dsss clean" before rebuilding. Thanks for the help Jarret
>>>>> Alternatively, you can do "dsss build -full mymodule.d".  That forces a full rebuild.
>>>>>
>>>>> And it's Jarrett with two Ts.
>>>> And everyone, I mean *everyone* misspells it the wrong way.  It's like a conspiracy.
>>> You should see what happens to my surname. I have a list of more than 200 different ways that people have got it wrong. Including several on official documents.
>>
>> Wow, I get my last name misspelled too but not quite that diversely.  You wouldn't think "Clugston" would give people that much trouble. 
> 
> Gwgston, Cluster, Augsta, Klaxton, Coueston, Clipson, McClugston, ...
> And three different variants in one school report. Every teacher spelt it differently.
> My favourite was for my grandfather: a commemorative plaque to Mr Plugphon for 35 years of service as the former CEO.

But those aren't even spelling errors--they're entirely different names!  And I thought having people pronounce my name as "seen" was bad (yes, teachers too).

Sean
July 24, 2008
Awesome! Nice dsss tip.

Thanks Jared! :-P

"Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:g5ufre$264o$1@digitalmars.com...
> "sleek" <cslush@gmail.com> wrote in message news:g5u57t$1i6n$1@digitalmars.com...
>>I discovered this to be user error. I didn't realize that dsss was creating a "dsss_objs" folder. For whatever reason, I couldn't simply do a "dsss build mymodule.d" and have it cleanly create a new instance. I guess I need to do a "dsss clean" before rebuilding. Thanks for the help Jarret
>
> Alternatively, you can do "dsss build -full mymodule.d".  That forces a full rebuild.
>
> And it's Jarrett with two Ts.
> 

July 24, 2008
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 10:25 AM, sleek <cslush@gmail.com> wrote:

> Awesome! Nice dsss tip.
>
> Thanks Jared! :-P
>
> "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:g5ufre$264o$1@digitalmars.com...
> > "sleek" <cslush@gmail.com> wrote in message news:g5u57t$1i6n$1@digitalmars.com...
> >>I discovered this to be user error. I didn't realize that dsss was creating a "dsss_objs" folder. For whatever reason, I couldn't simply do
> a
> >>"dsss build mymodule.d" and have it cleanly create a new instance. I
> guess
> >>I need to do a "dsss clean" before rebuilding. Thanks for the help Jarret
> >
> > Alternatively, you can do "dsss build -full mymodule.d".  That forces a full rebuild.
> >
> > And it's Jarrett with two Ts.
> >
>

If you change the dsss.conf file, DSSS will detect that and do a full
rebuild.
But if other things change out from under it (like library versions or
sometimes code) then you will need a -full / or clean.
It isn't like SCONS, which keeps an md5 hash of dependencies to detect any
changes that might affect a build.

--bb

July 24, 2008
Sean Kelly a écrit :
> Don wrote:
>>> "Don" <nospam@nospam.com.au> wrote in message news:g64mge$200f$1@digitalmars.com...
>>>> Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
>>>>> "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:g5ufre$264o$1@digitalmars.com...
>>>>>> "sleek" <cslush@gmail.com> wrote in message news:g5u57t$1i6n$1@digitalmars.com...
>>>>>>> I discovered this to be user error. I didn't realize that dsss was creating a "dsss_objs" folder. For whatever reason, I couldn't simply do a "dsss build mymodule.d" and have it cleanly create a new instance. I guess I need to do a "dsss clean" before rebuilding. Thanks for the help Jarret
>>>>>> Alternatively, you can do "dsss build -full mymodule.d".  That forces a full rebuild.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> And it's Jarrett with two Ts.
>>>>> And everyone, I mean *everyone* misspells it the wrong way.  It's like a conspiracy.
>>>> You should see what happens to my surname. I have a list of more than 200 different ways that people have got it wrong. Including several on official documents.
>>>
>>> Wow, I get my last name misspelled too but not quite that diversely.  You wouldn't think "Clugston" would give people that much trouble. 
>>
>> Gwgston, Cluster, Augsta, Klaxton, Coueston, Clipson, McClugston, ...
>> And three different variants in one school report. Every teacher spelt it differently.
>> My favourite was for my grandfather: a commemorative plaque to Mr Plugphon for 35 years of service as the former CEO.
> 
> But those aren't even spelling errors--they're entirely different names!  And I thought having people pronounce my name as "seen" was bad (yes, teachers too).
> 
> 
> Sean

My name (Ary) is pretty uncommon here in Argentina. But the name "Ariel" is somewhat common and people use "Ary" as a shorthand for "Ariel". So people not only get the spelling of my last name wrong, they also fight with my name. I say "Hola, soy Ary" and they say "Ariel?", "No, Ary", "Ariel?", etc., or they just suppose I'm Ariel and later they call me like that. :-P
1 2
Next ›   Last »