Managing implementation details...
Jul 06, 2013
JS
Jul 08, 2013
bearophile
Jul 10, 2013
Timothee Cour
July 06, 2013
Is there an easy way to document future implementation details, bugs, and modifications to code? I'm not too familiar with ddoc and while it can be done I'm interested in a clean and direct way to do this:

doc!("remove any gc dependence", 3);
doc!("fix bug #2345", 1);
void func() {}

where doc! essentially just takes a string and a "priority" and allows one to view the messages and source code locations(uses __LINE__, etc...).

Being able to manage the priorities is key so most important issues can be fixed first... knowing exactly where to find the code to fix is also crucial.

I think when the code is compiled a "report" can be generated listing the priorities along with the locations in the file would be beneficial...

Anything like this already available?
July 08, 2013
JS:

> I think when the code is compiled a "report" can be generated listing the priorities along with the locations in the file would be beneficial...

It looks like a useful thing, on the other hand I think most people solve this with their IDEs instead of modifying the source code.

> Anything like this already available?

I don't remember any, but it should be not too much work to implement it yourself in a little GitHub project.

Bye,
bearophile
July 10, 2013
On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 2:00 AM, bearophile <bearophileHUGS@lycos.com> wrote:

> JS:
>
>
>  I think when the code is compiled a "report" can be generated listing the
>> priorities along with the locations in the file would be beneficial...
>>
>
> It looks like a useful thing, on the other hand I think most people solve this with their IDEs instead of modifying the source code.
>
>
>
>  Anything like this already available?
>>
>
> I don't remember any, but it should be not too much work to implement it yourself in a little GitHub project.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile
>

seems like UDA would allow this.