March 26, 2013
Am Tue, 26 Mar 2013 17:36:16 +0000
schrieb Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw@ubuntu.com>:

> >
> >
> Guaranteed is not the right word, but future releases of the frontend will be present only on 4.9.  Though, people are free to backport to 4.8 or 4.7, as Johannes has done in the past.

FYI I'll also try to continue updating the frontend in gdc-4.7 and 4.8.
March 26, 2013
On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 07:06:30PM +0100, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> Am Tue, 26 Mar 2013 17:36:16 +0000
> schrieb Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw@ubuntu.com>:
> 
> > >
> > >
> > Guaranteed is not the right word, but future releases of the frontend will be present only on 4.9.  Though, people are free to backport to 4.8 or 4.7, as Johannes has done in the past.
> 
> FYI I'll also try to continue updating the frontend in gdc-4.7 and 4.8.

That's good news! I've been unable to get 4.8 to build in my Debian system (probably due to some system- or configuration-specific breakages somewhere... Debian multiarch isn't playing nice with GCC's build scripts). Having the latest frontend available in gdc-4.7 would be a big help to me.

T

-- 
Береги платье снову, а здоровье смолоду.
March 26, 2013
On 03/26/2013 07:13 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> That's good news! I've been unable to get 4.8 to build in my Debian system (probably due to some system- or configuration-specific breakages somewhere... Debian multiarch isn't playing nice with GCC's build scripts). Having the latest frontend available in gdc-4.7 would be a big help to me.

You were never able to get the latest to build on top of gcc-snapshot as per my instructions? :-(

I can repeat them here now if it'd be helpful -- I've been building GDC like this for a long time now, and never had any issues (bar a couple of makefile errors that Iain quickly fixed).
March 31, 2013
On Tuesday, 26 March 2013 at 19:20:43 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> On 03/26/2013 07:13 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> That's good news! I've been unable to get 4.8 to build in my Debian
>> system (probably due to some system- or configuration-specific breakages
>> somewhere... Debian multiarch isn't playing nice with GCC's build
>> scripts). Having the latest frontend available in gdc-4.7 would be a big
>> help to me.
>
> You were never able to get the latest to build on top of gcc-snapshot as per my
> instructions? :-(
>
> I can repeat them here now if it'd be helpful -- I've been building GDC like
> this for a long time now, and never had any issues (bar a couple of makefile
> errors that Iain quickly fixed).

What errors? No errors. Try pulling again. :o)
1 2
Next ›   Last »