Apr 16, 2014
Jonathan M Davis
Apr 16, 2014
H. S. Teoh
Apr 16, 2014
Andrej Mitrovic
April 16, 2014
On Monday, April 14, 2014 20:47:06 Brad Roberts via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Another flurry of bounces floated through today (which I handled by removing the suspensions,  again).  The only practical choice is a fairly intrusive one.  I've enabled the from_is_list option, meaning that the 'from' address from mail originating through the list will be different.  I have no idea how well or badly this will work out, but it's that or stop the mail/news gateway which is an even worse option.  I've set the mailman from_is_list option to 'wrap_message'.  This will likely be the first message through the list with that option set, so we'll see how it works out.
> 
> I've done this for only the digitalmars.d list so far, but if it works well enough, I'll make the  same change to every list.
> 
> If any of you work at yahoo, would you please visit whatever team is responsible for deciding to  cause this world of pain and thank them for me?

Yikes. This is making it much harder to read what comes from who what with "via Digitalmars-d" tacked onto the end of everyone's name. Bleh. The guys at Yahoo are definitely making life harder for the rest of us.

- Jonathan M Davis
April 16, 2014
On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 01:58:32AM -0700, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Monday, April 14, 2014 20:47:06 Brad Roberts via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> > Another flurry of bounces floated through today (which I handled by removing the suspensions, again).  The only practical choice is a fairly intrusive one.  I've enabled the from_is_list option, meaning that the 'from' address from mail originating through the list will be different.  I have no idea how well or badly this will work out, but it's that or stop the mail/news gateway which is an even worse option.  I've set the mailman from_is_list option to 'wrap_message'. This will likely be the first message through the list with that option set, so we'll see how it works out.
[...]
> Yikes. This is making it much harder to read what comes from who what with "via Digitalmars-d" tacked onto the end of everyone's name. Bleh. The guys at Yahoo are definitely making life harder for the rest of us.
[...]

It also has the interesting side-effect of masking the email address of the sender, which may or may not be a good thing. It's a bummer that subscribers no longer have the option of sending a private email to another subscriber, though, since now you don't know the email address of that person (unless you knew it beforehand).

Is it possible to configure mailman to add a custom header for that?
(X-Original-Sender maybe?)

T

-- 
Why are you blatanly misspelling "blatant"? -- Branden Robinson
April 16, 2014
On 4/16/14, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:
> Yikes. This is making it much harder to read what comes from who what with "via Digitalmars-d" tacked onto the end of everyone's name.

Also, it's broken for some emails. For example this dforum post by Ola: http://forum.dlang.org/post/twzyvsbjphimphihbsnl@forum.dlang.org

In gmail it's displayed as coming from " via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> " (literally begins with "via").