Matthew
Oct 07, 2004
Matthew
Oct 08, 2004
Pablo Aguilar
Oct 10, 2004
Matthew
October 06, 2004
I'm trying to use basic_file_path_buffer (winstl), but when using a variable's size method, it returns 5. I traced into the CPU view, and noticed that the constructor's passing 5 both when Win9x or WinNT are detected...

I can't figure out where that 5 is coming from. _MAX_PATH's defined to be 260 (just tested it...) so, what's up with that 5?

October 07, 2004
Which compiler? Which OS? Any other info? Can you email me the test prg src?

"Pablo Aguilar" <paguilarg@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ck1q7e$961$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> I'm trying to use basic_file_path_buffer (winstl), but when using a variable's size method, it returns 5. I traced into the CPU view, and noticed that the constructor's passing 5 both when Win9x or WinNT are detected...
>
> I can't figure out where that 5 is coming from. _MAX_PATH's defined to
be
> 260 (just tested it...) so, what's up with that 5?
>
>

October 07, 2004
I e-mailed you about it

"Matthew" <admin@stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> wrote in message news:ck2ri8$uhk$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> Which compiler? Which OS? Any other info? Can you email me the test prg src?

October 07, 2004
Worked around. I'll post a patch tonight.

Heavens only knows why Borland generates the code that it does. I should have picked it up in unit-testing though, and not blame some compiler, however odd it behaves on a regular basis.

"Pablo Aguilar" <paguilarg@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ck44kg$269i$1@digitaldaemon.com...
>I e-mailed you about it
>
> "Matthew" <admin@stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> wrote in message news:ck2ri8$uhk$1@digitaldaemon.com...
>> Which compiler? Which OS? Any other info? Can you email me the test prg src?
>
> 

October 07, 2004
"Matthew" <admin.hat@stlsoft.dot.org> wrote in message news:ck4j4i$2vrd$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> Worked around. I'll post a patch tonight.
>
> Heavens only knows why Borland generates the code that it does.

> I should have picked it up in unit-testing though, and not blame some compiler, however odd it behaves on a regular basis.

Hmm. I did implement that check it in the unittest. Even more odd. Even more investigations necessary ... ;)

>
>
>
> "Pablo Aguilar" <paguilarg@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ck44kg$269i$1@digitaldaemon.com...
>>I e-mailed you about it
>>
>> "Matthew" <admin@stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> wrote in message news:ck2ri8$uhk$1@digitaldaemon.com...
>>> Which compiler? Which OS? Any other info? Can you email me the test prg src?
>>
>>
>
> 

October 08, 2004
>> Heavens only knows why Borland generates the code that it does.
>
>> I should have picked it up in unit-testing though, and not blame some compiler, however odd it behaves on a regular basis.
>
> Hmm. I did implement that check it in the unittest. Even more odd. Even more investigations necessary ... ;)

Have fun!

October 10, 2004
"Pablo Aguilar" <paguilarg@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ck4mpu$d0n$1@digitaldaemon.com...
> >> Heavens only knows why Borland generates the code that it does.
> >
> >> I should have picked it up in unit-testing though, and not blame
some
> >> compiler, however odd it behaves on a regular basis.
> >
> > Hmm. I did implement that check it in the unittest. Even more odd.
Even
> > more investigations necessary ... ;)
>
> Have fun!

There was none to be had. Borland generates the correct code in the unit-test (which has no obviously different code context to your test program), but does not in your test code.

Sigh!

Well, we have a workaround that works, and is entirely benign (in terms of portability and efficiency), so I guess we'll just live with it.

1.8.2 coming soon.