Thread overview
how to complie a x64 dll wiht a x64 host exe? i need the command line code.
Mar 15
ll
Mar 16
ll
March 15
i see a simple dll creation in sample fold, but i am confused with the command line and i donnot know how to complie a x64 dll wiht a x64 host exe. i think need a clear command line arguments.
March 15
On Friday, 15 March 2019 at 09:22:35 UTC, ll wrote:
> i see a simple dll creation in sample fold, but i am confused with the command line and i donnot know how to complie a x64 dll wiht a x64 host exe. i think need a clear command line arguments.

There is an open pr for dub. X64 will then automatically be used if your system is capable. For now you have to use argument -a x86_64.

In dub.json set the targetType to dynamicLibrary.

https://dub.pm/package-format-json.html#target-types

Kind regards
Andre
March 16
On Friday, 15 March 2019 at 15:08:48 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> On Friday, 15 March 2019 at 09:22:35 UTC, ll wrote:
>> i see a simple dll creation in sample fold, but i am confused with the command line and i donnot know how to complie a x64 dll wiht a x64 host exe. i think need a clear command line arguments.
>
> There is an open pr for dub. X64 will then automatically be used if your system is capable. For now you have to use argument -a x86_64.
>
> In dub.json set the targetType to dynamicLibrary.
>
> https://dub.pm/package-format-json.html#target-types
>
> Kind regards
> Andre

thank you for your reply. but I still have problems:
 1.what's the meaning of " -L/IMPLIB" in the sample dll command line"..\..\..\windows\bin\dmd -ofmydll.dll -L/IMPLIB mydll.d dll.d mydll.def..\..\..\windows\bin\dmd test.d mydll.lib" ? Can you break command into two segment, one is used to build dll and generate the lib,another is used to generate the host exe and use the lib?
2.in the the dub.json or in dub arguments, how to command the compiler to generate the lib file?
March 16
On Saturday, 16 March 2019 at 10:46:32 UTC, ll wrote:
> On Friday, 15 March 2019 at 15:08:48 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
>> On Friday, 15 March 2019 at 09:22:35 UTC, ll wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> There is an open pr for dub. X64 will then automatically be used if your system is capable. For now you have to use argument -a x86_64.
>>
>> In dub.json set the targetType to dynamicLibrary.
>>
>> https://dub.pm/package-format-json.html#target-types
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Andre
>
> thank you for your reply. but I still have problems:
>  1.what's the meaning of " -L/IMPLIB" in the sample dll command line"..\..\..\windows\bin\dmd -ofmydll.dll -L/IMPLIB mydll.d dll.d mydll.def..\..\..\windows\bin\dmd test.d mydll.lib" ? Can you break command into two segment, one is used to build dll and generate the lib,another is used to generate the host exe and use the lib?
> 2.in the the dub.json or in dub arguments, how to command the compiler to generate the lib file?

I do not remember the details but
There is also the wiki page
https://wiki.dlang.org/Win32_DLLs_in_D

You can also set targetType to
staticLibrary in dub.json to get a lib file.

Kind regards
Andre