Jump to page: 1 24  
Page
Thread overview
Visual Studio Code code-d serve-d beta release
Aug 06
Soulsbane
Aug 06
Soulsbane
Aug 06
Dmitry
Aug 06
Suliman
Aug 06
Soulsbane
Re: Visual Studio Code code-d serve-d beta release
Aug 06
.
Aug 06
Dmitry
Aug 08
Arjan
Aug 08
Arjan
Aug 09
Dmitry
Aug 09
Arjan
Aug 09
Dmitry
Aug 10
Dmitry
Aug 19
Soulsbane
Aug 19
Soulsbane
Aug 19
Soulsbane
August 05
You might remember the blog post from a while back about workspace-d and serve-d, I just released a beta version on the visual studio marketplace that allows you to try out the latest features of serve-d. Note that this version might easily break in the future, but for the next few days I am trying to gain some feedback. If you are a user of code-d and if you want to try out the new version please uninstall code-d and install code-d-beta (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=webfreak.code-d-beta, it's version 0.16.1) and just try to use it.

You no longer need workspace-d or dfmt with this release as both are included inside serve-d now which replaces most of the plugin which was written in typescript before. Now that serve-d uses Microsoft's language server protocol we get a fully featured D IDE for vscode, eclipse, emacs, GNOME builder, atom and theia with very little effort to implement them! For all the basic features you can simply start serve-d with the `--require D` argument and all the basic features you would expect from a auto completion plugin would be there. (See full list of editors here: https://github.com/Microsoft/language-server-protocol/wiki/Protocol-Implementations#editors-ides-supporting-the-protocol). serve-d adds some custom commands that give the user more control so they might be implemented for decent implementations too + serve-d depends on 2 custom notifications on the client side for automatic installation of dscanner & dcd.

Some new features in the serve-d branch include:

* automatic module naming: when you rename a file you are currently in or create a new file a module statement will be added/changed
* the English, German and Japanese translations are finally used! Thanks to Seiji Fujita for the Japanese translation
* dfmt is now included inside serve-d (also in the normal code-d if you update workspace-d)
* nice ddoc preview: the old preview was really chunky, this one now converts the ddoc to markdown and highlights embedded D code blocks correctly
* dedicated output log: you can now attach a very verbose output debug log to issues by opening the bottom panel, going to output and copying the code-d & serve-d output. This will hopefully make debugging issues much easier!
* live DScanner linting: you get errors from dscanner while you type now. Sometimes the issues are a bit off but after saving they get fixed.
* Argument parsing got an update: the current parameter highlight inside the DCD tooltips should be a bit better now
* goto definition should work better now and use less memory and be faster (well it's written in D now so that was to be expected)

So basically if you want to try out the latest bleeding edge version of my visual studio code plugin, uninstall the old code-d and get code-d-beta from the marketplace.

serve-d: https://github.com/Pure-D/serve-d
code-d: https://github.com/Pure-D/code-d/tree/serve-d
chat room to get quicker replies & support (please only bug WebFreak about code-d/serve-d issues): https://discordapp.com/invite/bMZk9Q4
August 06
On Saturday, 5 August 2017 at 22:43:31 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
> You might remember the blog post from a while back about workspace-d and serve-d, I just released a beta version on the visual studio marketplace that allows you to try out the latest features of serve-d. Note that this version might easily break in the future, but for the next few days I am trying to gain some feedback. If you are a user of code-d and if you want to try out the new version please uninstall code-d and install code-d-beta

I'm getting this error: "Could not initialize dub. Falling back to limited functionality!". I don't get this error in the other version and dub is installed: DUB version 1.4.0, built on Jul 19 2017.


August 06
On Saturday, 5 August 2017 at 22:43:31 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
> I just released a beta version on the visual studio marketplace that allows you to try out the latest features of serve-d.

Awesome! Once I worked around the binary placement issue, this actually gave me completion options, which is better than the previous version ever did for me.
August 06
On Saturday, 5 August 2017 at 22:43:31 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
> try out the new version please uninstall code-d and install code-d-beta (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=webfreak.code-d-beta, it's version 0.16.1) and just try to use it.

Failed to install serve-d (Error code 2)
https://pastebin.com/EMgV1tR2

August 06
Could anybody make Sublime plugin please?


August 06
On Sunday, 6 August 2017 at 06:53:28 UTC, Suliman wrote:
> Could anybody make Sublime plugin please?

Same person made one https://github.com/Pure-D/sublime-d. Although it looks like it hasn't yet been updated to take advantage of the latest features.
August 06
On Sunday, 6 August 2017 at 07:18:18 UTC, Soulsbane wrote:
> On Sunday, 6 August 2017 at 06:53:28 UTC, Suliman wrote:
>> Could anybody make Sublime plugin please?
>
> Same person made one https://github.com/Pure-D/sublime-d. Although it looks like it hasn't yet been updated to take advantage of the latest features.

There was one update to workspace-d recently which removed the need for dfmt, so I guess it got a little better. But it needs more work to implement all features, the issue with implementing it is always only figuring out a way to display all the features in the editor UI.
August 06
On Sunday, 6 August 2017 at 05:38:28 UTC, Dmitry wrote:
> On Saturday, 5 August 2017 at 22:43:31 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
>> try out the new version please uninstall code-d and install code-d-beta (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=webfreak.code-d-beta, it's version 0.16.1) and just try to use it.
>
> Failed to install serve-d (Error code 2)
> https://pastebin.com/EMgV1tR2

Can you cd C:\Users\Dmitry\AppData\Roaming\code-d\bin\serve-d
and then try the following commands in this order and tell me if one of them worked:

dub build --compiler=ldc --build=release --combined
dub build --compiler=ldc --combined
dub build --compiler=ldc --build=release
dub build --compiler=ldc
August 06
On Sunday, 6 August 2017 at 01:28:20 UTC, Soulsbane wrote:
> On Saturday, 5 August 2017 at 22:43:31 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
>> You might remember the blog post from a while back about workspace-d and serve-d, I just released a beta version on the visual studio marketplace that allows you to try out the latest features of serve-d. Note that this version might easily break in the future, but for the next few days I am trying to gain some feedback. If you are a user of code-d and if you want to try out the new version please uninstall code-d and install code-d-beta
>
> I'm getting this error: "Could not initialize dub. Falling back to limited functionality!". I don't get this error in the other version and dub is installed: DUB version 1.4.0, built on Jul 19 2017.

There is a new output log at the bottom now, can you try it out on a project with no personal information and send me the debug log per pastebin?

To access it open the panel at the bottom (F1 -> View: Toggle Output / Ctrl-K Ctrl-H) and at the top right select code-d & serve-d. Then just select everything, copy it and paste it somewhere.
August 06
I use
      dub build --compiler=ldc2
and get these error messages below:

Installing DCD
Installing into C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\code-d\bin
Deleting old installation from C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\code-d\bin\DCD
Failed to install DCD
std.file.FileException@C:\temp\LDC-BUILDx86\src\ldc\runtime\phobos\std\file.d(733): C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\code-d\bin\DCD\.git\modules\dsymbol\objects\pack\pack-8e9b49e6972937fb54fdb5f64365e3c1e41f39ca.idx: Access Denied。
----------------
0x016C9F58 in ulong[] core.sys.windows.stacktrace.StackTrace.traceNoSync(uint, core.sys.windows.winnt.CONTEXT*)
0x016C9D02 in core.sys.windows.stacktrace.StackTrace core.sys.windows.stacktrace.StackTrace.__ctor(uint, core.sys.windows.winnt.CONTEXT*)
0x016C2B2C in object.Throwable.TraceInfo core.runtime.defaultTraceHandler(void*)
Installing dscanner
Installing into C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\code-d\bin
Deleting old installation from C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\code-d\bin\Dscanner
Failed to install Dscanner
std.file.FileException@C:\temp\LDC-BUILDx86\src\ldc\runtime\phobos\std\file.d(733): C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\code-d\bin\Dscanner\.git\modules\containers\objects\pack\pack-d03772eb5ea7715bd99bec2a2491e7062f8f6062.idx: Access Denied。
----------------
0x016C9F58 in ulong[] core.sys.windows.stacktrace.StackTrace.traceNoSync(uint, core.sys.windows.winnt.CONTEXT*)
0x016C9D02 in core.sys.windows.stacktrace.StackTrace core.sys.windows.stacktrace.StackTrace.__ctor(uint, core.sys.windows.winnt.CONTEXT*)
0x016C2B2C in object.Throwable.TraceInfo core.runtime.defaultTraceHandler(void*)





------------------ ------------------
On Sunday, 6 August 2017 at 05:38:28 UTC, Dmitry wrote:
> On Saturday, 5 August 2017 at 22:43:31 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
>> try out the new version please uninstall code-d and install code-d-beta (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=webfreak.code-d-beta, it's version 0.16.1) and just try to use it.
>
> Failed to install serve-d (Error code 2)
> https://pastebin.com/EMgV1tR2

Can you cd C:\Users\Dmitry\AppData\Roaming\code-d\bin\serve-d and then try the following commands in this order and tell me if one of them worked:

dub build --compiler=ldc --build=release --combined
dub build --compiler=ldc --combined
dub build --compiler=ldc --build=release
dub build --compiler=ldc
« First   ‹ Prev
1 2 3 4