View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
June 05, 2011
gtkD program fails to run
When I run the "hello world" program in the gtkD demos I get the following 
error message...

The procedure entry point gdk_app_launch_context_get_type could not be 
located in the dynamic link library libgdk-win32-2.0-0.dll

Does anybody know what I need to do to rectify the problem?

I am using the latest gtkD download, gtk version 2.22 and D Compiler 2.053 
to build it.

Thanks,

-=mike=-
June 06, 2011
Re: gtkD program fails to run
On 06/05/2011 11:37 PM, Mike James wrote:
> When I run the "hello world" program in the gtkD demos I get the following
> error message...
>
> The procedure entry point gdk_app_launch_context_get_type could not be
> located in the dynamic link library libgdk-win32-2.0-0.dll
>
> Does anybody know what I need to do to rectify the problem?
>
> I am using the latest gtkD download, gtk version 2.22 and D Compiler 2.053
> to build it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -=mike=-
>
>

Are you using the gtk runtime linket from the GtkD dsource page ?
If so could you try the one from the gnome ftp:
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/Public/gnome/binaries/win32/gtk+/2.22/gtk+-bundle_2.22.1-20101227_win32.zip

-- 
Mike Wey
June 06, 2011
Re: gtkD program fails to run
"Mike Wey" <mike-wey@example.com> wrote in message 
news:isjg1b$2qel$1@digitalmars.com...
> On 06/05/2011 11:37 PM, Mike James wrote:
>> When I run the "hello world" program in the gtkD demos I get the 
>> following
>> error message...
>>
>> The procedure entry point gdk_app_launch_context_get_type could not be
>> located in the dynamic link library libgdk-win32-2.0-0.dll
>>
>> Does anybody know what I need to do to rectify the problem?
>>
>> I am using the latest gtkD download, gtk version 2.22 and D Compiler 
>> 2.053
>> to build it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -=mike=-
>>
>>
>
> Are you using the gtk runtime linket from the GtkD dsource page ?
> If so could you try the one from the gnome ftp:
> ftp://ftp.gnome.org/Public/gnome/binaries/win32/gtk+/2.22/gtk+-bundle_2.22.1-20101227_win32.zip
>
> -- 
> Mike Wey

Thanks Mike,

Yes I'm using that gtk version. The error message is mentioned on the 
dsource gtkD site but no solution was provided there.

I'm looking round for a cross-platform GUI library - I'll guess I'll have to 
cross gtkD off the list :-/

-=mike=-
June 07, 2011
Re: gtkD program fails to run
On 06/07/2011 01:40 AM, Mike James wrote:
> "Mike Wey"<mike-wey@example.com>  wrote in message
> news:isjg1b$2qel$1@digitalmars.com...
>> On 06/05/2011 11:37 PM, Mike James wrote:
>>> When I run the "hello world" program in the gtkD demos I get the
>>> following
>>> error message...
>>>
>>> The procedure entry point gdk_app_launch_context_get_type could not be
>>> located in the dynamic link library libgdk-win32-2.0-0.dll
>>>
>>> Does anybody know what I need to do to rectify the problem?
>>>
>>> I am using the latest gtkD download, gtk version 2.22 and D Compiler
>>> 2.053
>>> to build it.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> -=mike=-
>>>
>>>
>>
>> Are you using the gtk runtime linket from the GtkD dsource page ?
>> If so could you try the one from the gnome ftp:
>> ftp://ftp.gnome.org/Public/gnome/binaries/win32/gtk+/2.22/gtk+-bundle_2.22.1-20101227_win32.zip
>>
>> --
>> Mike Wey
>
> Thanks Mike,
>
> Yes I'm using that gtk version. The error message is mentioned on the
> dsource gtkD site but no solution was provided there.
>
> I'm looking round for a cross-platform GUI library - I'll guess I'll have to
> cross gtkD off the list :-/
>
>   -=mike=-
>
>

So far in can think of only two thing that might cause this error, 
either the the installer linked from the GtkD dsource page is flawed.
Or you have a application on your pc that includes an older version of 
gtk and this causes dll problems. For the first one you could try the 
bundle from the Gnome ftp.

-- 
Mike Wey
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home