Thread overview
DMD 2.088.0 and Other New Blog Post
Sep 06
JN
September 06
I've just published a new blog post announcing the 2.088.0 release of DMD and tacked on a few other news items at the end. Most of it will not be news to readers of the forums, but please keep an eye on the reddit comments if you've got time to spare.

Blog:
https://dlang.org/blog/2019/09/06/dmd-2-088-0-released/

Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/d0gtq7/d_20880_released/
September 06
On Friday, 6 September 2019 at 13:45:19 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> I've just published a new blog post announcing the 2.088.0 release of DMD and tacked on a few other news items at the end. Most of it will not be news to readers of the forums, but please keep an eye on the reddit comments if you've got time to spare.
>
> Blog:
> https://dlang.org/blog/2019/09/06/dmd-2-088-0-released/
>
> Reddit:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/d0gtq7/d_20880_released/

Minor typo in blog post: getAvaliable.

Could use some more descriptive title on reddit, because no one who doesn't know D will click it. Perhaps something like "DMD 2.088.0 released - comes with std::string and std::vector bindings".
September 06
On Friday, 6 September 2019 at 14:15:14 UTC, JN wrote:

>
> Minor typo in blog post: getAvaliable.

Thanks.

>
> Could use some more descriptive title on reddit, because no one who doesn't know D will click it. Perhaps something like "DMD 2.088.0 released - comes with std::string and std::vector bindings".

I've found that using "D 2.xxx Released" draws more traffic than "DMD 2.xxx Released". Perhaps mentioning the C++ bindings would have helped, perhaps not. Too late now though, as it's not possible to edit titles.
September 06
On Friday, 6 September 2019 at 14:32:21 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Friday, 6 September 2019 at 14:15:14 UTC, JN wrote:
>
>>
>> Minor typo in blog post: getAvaliable.
>
> Thanks.
>
>>
>> Could use some more descriptive title on reddit, because no one who doesn't know D will click it. Perhaps something like "DMD 2.088.0 released - comes with std::string and std::vector bindings".
>
> I've found that using "D 2.xxx Released" draws more traffic than "DMD 2.xxx Released".

I meant to prefix that with "Anecdotally". I've done more of the "DMD" form than I have of the "D" form, but will keep up with the latter for a few releases to see how it goes.