Thread overview
VisualD integration
Sep 14
aberba
6 days ago
Imperatorn
6 days ago
Imperatorn
September 14
Hello!

I'm trying to install VisualD but am unable to check the option to integrate in VS2019.

Have anyone else encountered this?

See image:
https://ibb.co/ck7Xq08
September 15
Have you rebooted in between install Visual Studio 2019 and VisualD?
September 14
On Monday, 14 September 2020 at 12:59:35 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
> Have you rebooted in between install Visual Studio 2019 and VisualD?

Yes. When I try to install DMD i get this:
https://ibb.co/fF5S2F1

I have VS2019 installed. Is not 2019 Enterprise supported?
September 15
Are you sure you have fully installed VS and then performed a reboot?
As in, opened VS up?

This is almost always the issue, idk how to help beyond this.
Maybe somebody else has an idea.
September 14
On Monday, 14 September 2020 at 12:07:47 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to install VisualD but am unable to check the option to integrate in VS2019.
>
> Have anyone else encountered this?
>
> See image:
> https://ibb.co/ck7Xq08

Yes. I tried to install visual Studio by ticking that checkbox but it doesn't seem to register the click so I gave up.

 It seems I've got no choice since I need visual studio for something else so I'll try a different approach. Both the dmd installer and visual d installers don't work for install VS 2019.
September 14
On Monday, 14 September 2020 at 13:07:02 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
> Are you sure you have fully installed VS and then performed a reboot?
> As in, opened VS up?
>
> This is almost always the issue, idk how to help beyond this.
> Maybe somebody else has an idea.

I'll try once more
September 15

On 14/09/2020 14:07, Imperatorn wrote:
> Hello!
> 
> I'm trying to install VisualD but am unable to check the option to integrate in VS2019.
> 
> Have anyone else encountered this?
> 
> See image:
> https://ibb.co/ck7Xq08

I suspect that recent updates of Visual Studio 2019 have changed the way the installation is registered.

The installer iterates over the uninstaller registry entries to find the installation folder with an appropriate name, so you can add an entry there, e.g.:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VS2019]
DisplayName="Visual Studio Community 2019"
InstallLocation="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio\2019\Community"

Do you find a similar entry in your registry? Maybe it has an unexpected DisplayName?
6 days ago
On Tuesday, 15 September 2020 at 06:04:49 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>
>
> On 14/09/2020 14:07, Imperatorn wrote:
>> [...]
>
> I suspect that recent updates of Visual Studio 2019 have changed the way the installation is registered.
>
> The installer iterates over the uninstaller registry entries to find the installation folder with an appropriate name, so you can add an entry there, e.g.:
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VS2019]
> DisplayName="Visual Studio Community 2019"
> InstallLocation="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
> Studio\2019\Community"
>
> Do you find a similar entry in your registry? Maybe it has an unexpected DisplayName?

Interesting! I will take a look. Because I am using Enterprise edition, maybe something is different
6 days ago
On Tuesday, 15 September 2020 at 06:04:49 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>
>
> On 14/09/2020 14:07, Imperatorn wrote:
>> Hello!
>> 
>> I'm trying to install VisualD but am unable to check the option to integrate in VS2019.
>> 
>> Have anyone else encountered this?
>> 
>> See image:
>> https://ibb.co/ck7Xq08
>
> I suspect that recent updates of Visual Studio 2019 have changed the way the installation is registered.
>
> The installer iterates over the uninstaller registry entries to find the installation folder with an appropriate name, so you can add an entry there, e.g.:
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VS2019]
> DisplayName="Visual Studio Community 2019"
> InstallLocation="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
> Studio\2019\Community"
>
> Do you find a similar entry in your registry? Maybe it has an unexpected DisplayName?

OMG, it actually worked! Thanks!

What I did was to simply add the following key and values (VS2019 did not exist):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VS2019]
"DisplayName"="Visual Studio Enterprise 2019"
"InstallLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\2019\\Enterprise"