View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
June 28, 2011
Article Contest
I just wanted to again thank Walter and Brad for holding/financing the  
article contest.  I received my iPad2 last week, and it is awesome!  I  
hope to write more articles (no contest required) about D to hopefully  
entice more people into the D community.

Now I want to be able to write iOS apps in D :)

-Steve
June 28, 2011
Re: Article Contest
On 28/06/2011 13:15, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> I just wanted to again thank Walter and Brad for holding/financing the
> article contest. I received my iPad2 last week, and it is awesome! I
> hope to write more articles (no contest required) about D to hopefully
> entice more people into the D community.

Well done again, hope you're enjoying my iPad ;p

> Now I want to be able to write iOS apps in D :)

I'm about to start working on an iOs app again, really wish I could use 
D for it, Obj-C is horrible D; (Same applys for Android/Blackberry, 
Windows Mobile/Phone are just about bearable).

> -Steve

-- 
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/
June 28, 2011
Re: Article Contest
On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 08:21:36 -0400, Robert Clipsham  
<robert@octarineparrot.com> wrote:

> On 28/06/2011 13:15, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> I just wanted to again thank Walter and Brad for holding/financing the
>> article contest. I received my iPad2 last week, and it is awesome! I
>> hope to write more articles (no contest required) about D to hopefully
>> entice more people into the D community.
>
> Well done again, hope you're enjoying my iPad ;p

Well, you might get some satisfaction knowing that it's quickly becoming  
my wife's iPad :)

BTW, anyone who gets an iPad2, get a smart cover, it's extremely cool.   
OK, enough fanboyism...

>> Now I want to be able to write iOS apps in D :)
>
> I'm about to start working on an iOs app again, really wish I could use  
> D for it, Obj-C is horrible D; (Same applys for Android/Blackberry,  
> Windows Mobile/Phone are just about bearable).

I very much want to do iOS development, but I don't have a Mac :(  or  
time...

Maybe some day.

-Steve
June 28, 2011
Re: Article Contest
On 2011-06-28 14:15, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> I just wanted to again thank Walter and Brad for holding/financing the
> article contest. I received my iPad2 last week, and it is awesome! I
> hope to write more articles (no contest required) about D to hopefully
> entice more people into the D community.
>
> Now I want to be able to write iOS apps in D :)
>
> -Steve

I guess the first would be to get GDC/LDC working on ARM and the runtime 
as well. Then Michel Fortin has his fork of DMD with Objective-C 
interface (or what to call it). Of course, this would need to be ported 
to GDC/LDC as well. After that there's just Cocoa bindings left and then 
we're all set :)

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg
July 02, 2011
Re: Article Contest
On 6/28/11 7:54 AM, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 08:21:36 -0400, Robert Clipsham
> <robert@octarineparrot.com> wrote:
>
>> On 28/06/2011 13:15, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>>> I just wanted to again thank Walter and Brad for holding/financing the
>>> article contest. I received my iPad2 last week, and it is awesome! I
>>> hope to write more articles (no contest required) about D to hopefully
>>> entice more people into the D community.
>>
>> Well done again, hope you're enjoying my iPad ;p
>
> Well, you might get some satisfaction knowing that it's quickly becoming
> my wife's iPad :)
>
> BTW, anyone who gets an iPad2, get a smart cover, it's extremely cool.

For cheap:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/protective-smart-cover-for-ipad-2-green-71032

Andrei
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home