Thread overview
Please provide DMD as 64 executable
6 days ago
Andre Pany
6 days ago
Ethan Watson
May 18
Hi,

is it possible to provide dmd as 64 download too for windows?

I generated out of the Amazon Web Services API definitions D source code and always get this error message: "Fatal Error: Out of memorydmd failed with exit code 1."
(There is really a space missing in the error text).

I already split the source code files into several dub packages but still there are some really huge modules..

Also the tip to use digger to create it on my own does not work. One issue is that digger does not support proxies and the second issue is, there is an error while processing the VS community packages.

I think the 64 bit version of dmd should be the default these days;)

Kind regards
André
May 18
On Thursday, 18 May 2017 at 13:41:21 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> I think the 64 bit version of dmd should be the default these days;)

I believe this is a Windows-only problem.

For which I'm +1. I have to build my own because compiling some Binderoo code with a few objects breaks the memory barrier.
May 18
On 2017-05-18 16:24, Ethan Watson wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 May 2017 at 13:41:21 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
>> I think the 64 bit version of dmd should be the default these days;)
>
> I believe this is a Windows-only problem.

Yes, DMD fir Linux and FreeBSD is shipped in both 32bit and 64bit. Since several years, DMD for macOS is only shipping in 64bit.

-- 
/Jacob Carlborg
May 18
On Thursday, 18 May 2017 at 13:41:21 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> One issue is that digger does not support proxies

If the problem is about git:// URLs, you can configure Git to use https:// instead of git:// globally: https://github.com/CyberShadow/Digger/issues/8

Otherwise, please file an issue at https://github.com/CyberShadow/Digger

> and the second issue is, there is an error while processing the VS community packages.

VS integration is tested by CI:

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/CyberShadow/digger/build/1.0.107#L1436

If you think there is indeed a problem there, please file an issue.

May 19
On Thursday, 18 May 2017 at 17:05:49 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 May 2017 at 13:41:21 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
>> One issue is that digger does not support proxies
>
> If the problem is about git:// URLs, you can configure Git to use https:// instead of git:// globally: https://github.com/CyberShadow/Digger/issues/8
>
> Otherwise, please file an issue at https://github.com/CyberShadow/Digger
>
>> and the second issue is, there is an error while processing the VS community packages.
>
> VS integration is tested by CI:
>
> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/CyberShadow/digger/build/1.0.107#L1436
>
> If you think there is indeed a problem there, please file an issue.

I solved this issue by deleting the temp folders.

Should I file an issue for providing the 64 build of dmd on windows?
As 64 bit is the default on the other platforms it should be available for windows too by default.

Kind regards
André

May 21
On Friday, 19 May 2017 at 10:38:56 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> Should I file an issue for providing the 64 build of dmd on windows?
> As 64 bit is the default on the other platforms it should be available for windows too by default.
>
> Kind regards
> André

We would find this useful too because we run out of memory on Windows.  There may be a way to build dmd for win 64 as a script, but it wasn't obvious to me when I looked at it.  There is a Visual D script, but I do not know how to use that using msbuild. 
 Digger fails.  I mentioned to Vladimir and Martin at dconf, but haven't had time to file an issue.


Laeeth.
6 days ago
On Sunday, 21 May 2017 at 01:29:58 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> On Friday, 19 May 2017 at 10:38:56 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
>> Should I file an issue for providing the 64 build of dmd on windows?
>> As 64 bit is the default on the other platforms it should be available for windows too by default.
>>
>> Kind regards
>> André
>
> We would find this useful too because we run out of memory on Windows.  There may be a way to build dmd for win 64 as a script, but it wasn't obvious to me when I looked at it.  There is a Visual D script, but I do not know how to use that using msbuild.
>  Digger fails.  I mentioned to Vladimir and Martin at dconf, but haven't had time to file an issue.
>
>
> Laeeth.

I filed an issue
https://issues.dlang.org/show_bug.cgi?id=17414

Kind regards
André
6 days ago
On Sunday, 21 May 2017 at 01:29:58 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> There a Visual D script, but I do not know how to use that using msbuild.

We had some trickiness at work regarding this. You essentially need to invoke devenv instead of msbuild if you want to script the process.

Of course, now that Visual D supports D files inside a .vcxproj, it should probably be upgraded to use one of those instead of the .visualdproject file.