View mode: basic / threaded / horizontal-split · Log in · Help
October 04, 2005
Ddoc embedded D source
Just a couple of things I've learned the hard way that others might find
useful.

Firstly, the document processor color codes everything it sees as 'embedded
D source'. I didn't want this so I have a macro called 'CODE' defined to do
my formatting. 

However, I tripped over this usage ...


$(CODE
-------
Line one
-------
Line two
-------
)

I was trying to format this text using my style sheet, however I got this
output ...

$(CODE
<pre class="d_code">Line one
</pre>

Line two
<pre class="d_code"></pre>

It took me awhile to realize that DDoc sees everything *inside* pairs of
dashed lines as embedded code and thus applies its own DDOC_CODE macro. I
have three dashed lines here so the last one is not paired. Thus DDoc saw
it as equivalent to ...

$(CODE
$(DDOC_CODE
Line one
)
Line two
$(DDOC_CODE
)

Making my CODE macro have a missing final parenthesis. My work around for
this was to create a DASHES macro so now I have ...

$(CODE
$(DASHES)
Line one
$(DASHES)
Line two
$(DASHES)
)

which gives me 

<pre class="code">----------
Line one
----------
Line two
----------
</pre>

and that's fine now.

-- 
Derek
(skype: derek.j.parnell)
Melbourne, Australia
4/10/2005 4:25:00 PM
Top | Discussion index | About this forum | D home