Nov 19, 2001
Mark Evans
Nov 19, 2001
Mark Evans
Nov 20, 2001
Walter
November 19, 2001
Walter,

Just a thought, it would be nice to post notices here regarding possible side-effects to Win16 code when you release a new compiler.

My project is C, not C++, so the recent changes to support STL should not affect me very much.  However along with that work came some bug fixes/changes to the preprocessor and C compiler.

DM is one of the only compilers out there still supporting Win16.  Thanks Walter!

Mark

November 19, 2001
My project might end up as a "success story" for Digital Mars.  My company has plans to open-source the code when it reaches a more mature state.  The code is legacy support for a particular vendor's scientific instruments, some of which are still sold (and still with a Win16 API).  These are Scanning Probe Microscopes of various types (STM/AFM/MFM).  The 16-bit portion of the project is already complete.

There will probably be hundreds of interested parties who own such equipment.  It will be a pleasure to introduce them to Digital Mars.

Mark

November 20, 2001
It's a pleasure to read about your success story. Thanks!

"Mark Evans" <mevans@zyvex.com> wrote in message news:1103_1006193803@evans...
> My project might end up as a "success story" for Digital Mars.  My company
has plans to open-source the code when it reaches a more mature state.  The code is legacy support for a particular vendor's scientific instruments,
> some of which are still sold (and still with a Win16 API).  These are
Scanning Probe Microscopes of various types (STM/AFM/MFM).  The 16-bit portion of the project is already complete.
>
> There will probably be hundreds of interested parties who own such
equipment.  It will be a pleasure to introduce them to Digital Mars.
>
> Mark
>
>