August 02, 2002
Jan Knepper wrote:

> Jonathan Andrew wrote:
> 
> 
>>>>I'm also getting some strange compile errors when I try to use the front end to parse code. I will try and hunt some of these down, as the same code compiled fine under windows.
>>>>
>>>
>>>What kind of errors?
>>>Can you post them?
>>>
>>>
>>The only one I can think of right now is when I try to import stdio for a simple "hello world" program, it gives me
>>
>>"stdio.d(75): cannot implicitly convert wchar[135034216] to char[]"
>>
> 
> OK, I know about that one. It think it has to do with char/wchar_t processing. Burton Radons has fixed this I think, but I figured I will wait until Walter posts the next D front-end...

I responded with details to Walter earlier: In lexer.c search for "case '\\':" and the StringConstant functions. Also, there are a couple uses of writeword where writedchar is intended, and a couple "/ 2" snippets should be "/ sizeof (wchar_t)", or perhaps "dchar".  Also charConstant, but that's dead code anyway.  Sorry that I can't be more specific, but I passed the file through indent.

It's all in lexer.c; grepping for these and putting in some diagnostics and tests should shake out the problems.  All strings use wchar_t before being more specifically typed, so a Hello, World! won't be possible at all until that's amended.

>>Also, the -I flag doesn't appear to work, I may just be doing something wrong though. Right now I have to move all my source files to the dmd directory to compile.
>>
> 
> This probably has just to do with checking for \ instead of for / on Unix.

It's a buggy argument anyway - it only pays attention to the last instance of -I.

>>>>Finally, I think I might try and write the inifile function, unless it's already been done by someone else.

I've attached my implementation if you want to use that.  "fail_at" is similar to "error", except that it stops program execution.

August 02, 2002
g++ -Dlinux
In other words the compiler command line.
The latest Makefile should do it for you.

Jan

Jonathan Andrew wrote:

> Jan Knepper wrote:
> >>>Also, the -I flag doesn't appear to work, I may just be doing something wrong though. Right now I have to move all my source files to the dmd directory to compile.
> >>
> >>This probably has just to do with checking for \ instead of for / on Unix.
> >
> >
> > Hmmm, this seems to be implemented!
> > Are you sure you are using the latest source and in 'linux' defined in your
> > compile?
> >
> > Jan
> >
>
> Hmm, I didn't know I needed to define linux, where do I do this? -Jon

1 2 3
Next ›   Last »