October 26, 2014
After I set up a dmd.conf file, I got more dub-related errors. What could be the matter? I'm using dub 0.9 22, built on Sep 2 2014. Error trail below. Please advise.

Andrei

../../../.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.21-rc.3/source/vibe/core/drivers/libevent2.d(864): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'char[64] buf'
../../../.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.21-rc.3/source/vibe/stream/openssl.d(59): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[64] m_peekBuffer'
../../../.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.21-rc.3/source/vibe/core/file.d(17): Deprecation: module std.c.stdio is deprecated - Please import core.stdc.stdio instead. This module will be removed in December 2015.
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/bn.d(342): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'BN_ULONG[2] n0'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/bn.d(658): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'int[] p'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/bn.d(661): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'int[] p'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/bn.d(662): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'int[] p'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/bn.d(664): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'int[] p'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/bn.d(667): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'int[] p'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/bn.d(669): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'int[] p'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/bn.d(671): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'int[] p'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/bn.d(673): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'int[] p'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/bn.d(674): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'int[] p'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/bn.d(675): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'int[] p'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/evp.d(180): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'int[5] required_pkey_type'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/evp.d(364): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[EVP_MAX_IV_LENGTH] iv'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/evp.d(375): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[EVP_MAX_IV_LENGTH] oiv'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/evp.d(376): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[EVP_MAX_IV_LENGTH] iv'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/evp.d(377): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[EVP_MAX_BLOCK_LENGTH] buf'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/evp.d(396): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[80] enc_data'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/x509.d(311): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[SHA_DIGEST_LENGTH] sha1_hash'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/x509.d(486): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[SHA_DIGEST_LENGTH] sha1_hash'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ec.d(620): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'const(EC_POINT)*[] p'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ec.d(620): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'const(BIGNUM)*[] m'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/sha.d(111): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'SHA_LONG[SHA_LBLOCK] data'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/sha.d(138): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'SHA_LONG[8] h'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/sha.d(140): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'SHA_LONG[SHA_LBLOCK] data'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/sha.d(183): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'SHA_LONG64[8] h'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/sha.d(186): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'SHA_LONG64[SHA_LBLOCK] d'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/sha.d(187): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[SHA512_CBLOCK] p'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl.d(457): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[SSL_MAX_KEY_ARG_LENGTH] key_arg'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl.d(459): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[SSL_MAX_MASTER_KEY_LENGTH] master_key'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl.d(462): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[SSL_MAX_SSL_SESSION_ID_LENGTH] session_id'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl.d(467): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[SSL_MAX_SID_CTX_LENGTH] sid_ctx'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl.d(471): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[SSL_MAX_KRB5_PRINCIPAL_LENGTH] krb5_client_princ'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl.d(832): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[SSL_MAX_SID_CTX_LENGTH] sid_ctx'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl.d(864): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[16] tlsext_tick_key_name'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl.d(865): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[16] tlsext_tick_hmac_key'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl.d(866): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[16] tlsext_tick_aes_key'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl.d(1122): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[SSL_MAX_SID_CTX_LENGTH] sid_ctx'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl2.d(200): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[SSL2_MAX_CHALLENGE_LENGTH] challenge'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl2.d(202): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[SSL2_MAX_CONNECTION_ID_LENGTH] conn_id'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl2.d(204): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[SSL2_MAX_KEY_MATERIAL_LENGTH * 2] key_material'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl2.d(216): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[SSL2_MAX_CERT_CHALLENGE_LENGTH] ccl'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl3.d(351): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[8] seq_num'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl3.d(389): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[8] read_sequence'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl3.d(391): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[EVP_MAX_MD_SIZE] read_mac_secret'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl3.d(392): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[8] write_sequence'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl3.d(394): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[EVP_MAX_MD_SIZE] write_mac_secret'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl3.d(396): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[SSL3_RANDOM_SIZE] server_random'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl3.d(397): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[SSL3_RANDOM_SIZE] client_random'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl3.d(414): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[2] alert_fragment'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl3.d(416): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[4] handshake_fragment'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl3.d(441): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[2] send_alert'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl3.d(461): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[EVP_MAX_MD_SIZE * 2] cert_verify_md'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl3.d(464): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[EVP_MAX_MD_SIZE * 2] finish_md'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl3.d(466): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[EVP_MAX_MD_SIZE * 2] peer_finish_md'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl3.d(490): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'char[SSL3_CT_NUMBER] ctype'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl3.d(512): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[EVP_MAX_MD_SIZE] previous_client_finished'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/ssl3.d(514): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[EVP_MAX_MD_SIZE] previous_server_finished'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/kssl.d(120): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'char[KSSL_ERR_MAX + 1] text'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/hmac.d(81): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[HMAC_MAX_MD_CBLOCK] key'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/dtls1.d(118): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[8] max_seq_num'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/dtls1.d(181): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[DTLS1_COOKIE_LENGTH] cookie'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/dtls1.d(182): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[DTLS1_COOKIE_LENGTH] rcvd_cookie'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/dtls1.d(206): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[8] last_write_sequence'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/dtls1.d(243): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[DTLS1_AL_HEADER_LENGTH] alert_fragment'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/dtls1.d(245): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[DTLS1_HM_HEADER_LENGTH] handshake_fragment'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/pqueue.d(72): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[8] priority'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/err.d(157): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'int[ERR_NUM_ERRORS] err_flags'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/err.d(158): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'c_ulong[ERR_NUM_ERRORS] err_buffer'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/err.d(159): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'char*[ERR_NUM_ERRORS] err_data'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/err.d(160): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'int[ERR_NUM_ERRORS] err_data_flags'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/err.d(161): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'const(char)*[ERR_NUM_ERRORS] err_file'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/err.d(162): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'int[ERR_NUM_ERRORS] err_line'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/err.d(358): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ERR_STRING_DATA[] str'
../../../.dub/packages/openssl-1.0.0_1.0.0e/deimos/openssl/err.d(359): Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ERR_STRING_DATA[] str'
/Users/aalexandre/code/d/phobos/std/container/array.d(432): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression ((inout inout(Range) __ctmp3067 = 0;
 , __ctmp3067).this(this, 0LU, this.length())) of type inout(Range) to Range
../../../.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.21-rc.3/source/vibe/core/drivers/timerqueue.d(29):        while looking for match for BinaryHeap!(Array!(TimeoutEntry), "a.timeout > b.timeout")
../../../.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.21-rc.3/source/vibe/core/drivers/libevent2.d(75): Error: template instance vibe.core.drivers.timerqueue.TimerQueue!(TimerInfo, 10000L) error instantiating
FAIL ../../../.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.21-rc.3/.dub/build/libevent-debug-posix.osx-x86_64-dmd_2067-86DCE9509628285A97A5E70118DEE27C/ vibe-d staticLibrary
Error executing command build: ../dmd/src/dmd failed with exit code 1.

make: *** [dpl-docs] Error 2

October 27, 2014
On Oct 27, 2014, at 08:20 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu via dmd-beta <dmd-beta@puremagic.com> wrote:

> After I set up a dmd.conf file, I got more dub-related errors. What could be the matter? I'm using dub 0.9 22, built on Sep 2 2014. Error trail below. Please advise.
>
> Andrei
>
> ../../../.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.21-rc.3/source/vibe/core/drivers/libevent2.d(864):
> Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'char[64] buf'
> ../../../.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.21-rc.3/source/vibe/stream/openssl.d(59):
> Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[64]
> m_peekBuffer'

Looks like some of vibe's dependencies haven't been updated for the latest compiler. Dub builds with warnings on by default.

--
/Jacob Carlborg

October 27, 2014
So who'd be the person to take care of this? Thanks! -- Andrei

On 10/27/14 1:01 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On Oct 27, 2014, at 08:20 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu via dmd-beta
> <dmd-beta@puremagic.com> wrote:
>
>> After I set up a dmd.conf file, I got more dub-related errors. What
>> could be the matter? I'm using dub 0.9 22, built on Sep 2 2014. Error
>> trail below. Please advise.
>>
>> Andrei
>>
>> ../../../.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.21-rc.3/source/vibe/core/drivers/libevent2.d(864):
>>
>> Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'char[64] buf'
>> ../../../.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.21-rc.3/source/vibe/stream/openssl.d(59):
>>
>> Warning: instead of C-style syntax, use D-style syntax 'ubyte[64]
>> m_peekBuffer'
>
> Looks like some of vibe's dependencies haven't been updated for the
> latest compiler. Dub builds with warnings on by default.
>
> --
> /Jacob Carlborg
October 27, 2014
On 10/27/2014 07:19 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> After I set up a dmd.conf file, I got more dub-related errors. What
> could be the matter? I'm using dub 0.9 22, built on Sep 2 2014. Error
> trail below. Please advise.

I wrote about this issue earlier.
http://forum.dlang.org/post/543F790B.3050203@dawg.eu
It's a phobos regression that nobody seems to take care off.
I reposted the workaround in Bugzilla https://issues.dlang.org/show_bug.cgi?id=13621#c1.

All other issues should be fixed by now.
October 27, 2014
On 10/27/2014 06:57 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>
> Martin, Sönke, do you think we can bring dub to the point we don't rely
> on machine specifics (i.e. dmd.conf) to build everything? That might
> mean extra options.

While specifying include and library paths on the dub command line can definitely be done. Not so sure whether that fits into dub's approach.
I think it is more a DPL problem setting up a simple build env from sources requires so many steps.
October 27, 2014
On 10/27/14 12:09 PM, Martin Nowak wrote:
> On 10/27/2014 06:57 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>
>> Martin, Sönke, do you think we can bring dub to the point we don't rely
>> on machine specifics (i.e. dmd.conf) to build everything? That might
>> mean extra options.
>
> While specifying include and library paths on the dub command line can
> definitely be done. Not so sure whether that fits into dub's approach.

Fair enough. One possible argument is that setting the compiler entails setting flags, too (because e.g. gdc and dmd have different flags).

> I think it is more a DPL problem setting up a simple build env from
> sources requires so many steps.

Well the question is how to move forward from where we are.

Andrei
October 27, 2014
Not sure I understand. So should I change that code in array.d manually in order to build the docs? -- Andrei

On 10/27/14 11:46 AM, Martin Nowak wrote:
> On 10/27/2014 07:19 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> After I set up a dmd.conf file, I got more dub-related errors. What
>> could be the matter? I'm using dub 0.9 22, built on Sep 2 2014. Error
>> trail below. Please advise.
>
> I wrote about this issue earlier.
> http://forum.dlang.org/post/543F790B.3050203@dawg.eu
> It's a phobos regression that nobody seems to take care off.
> I reposted the workaround in Bugzilla
> https://issues.dlang.org/show_bug.cgi?id=13621#c1.
>
> All other issues should be fixed by now.
October 27, 2014
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/2643

I have no idea why it has not been done already. If PR introduces regression and author does not respons withing a day or two it must be reverted first and reasoned about after.

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 9:28 PM, Andrei Alexandrescu via dmd-beta < dmd-beta@puremagic.com> wrote:

> Not sure I understand. So should I change that code in array.d manually in order to build the docs? -- Andrei
>
>
> On 10/27/14 11:46 AM, Martin Nowak wrote:
>
>> On 10/27/2014 07:19 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>
>>> After I set up a dmd.conf file, I got more dub-related errors. What could be the matter? I'm using dub 0.9 22, built on Sep 2 2014. Error trail below. Please advise.
>>>
>>
>> I wrote about this issue earlier.
>> http://forum.dlang.org/post/543F790B.3050203@dawg.eu
>> It's a phobos regression that nobody seems to take care off.
>> I reposted the workaround in Bugzilla
>> https://issues.dlang.org/show_bug.cgi?id=13621#c1.
>>
>> All other issues should be fixed by now.
>>
> _______________________________________________
> dmd-beta mailing list
> dmd-beta@puremagic.com
> http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-beta
>

October 27, 2014
On 10/27/2014 06:57 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> cd /path/to/dlang.org
> make -f posix.mak
>
> =======================
> ...
> dub build --root=../tools/dpl-docs --compiler=../dmd/src/dmd
> Error executing command build: Failed to invoke the compiler
> ../dmd/src/dmd to determine the build platform: Error: cannot find
> source code for runtime library file 'object.d'
>         dmd might not be correctly installed. Run 'dmd -man' for
> installation instructions.
> Specify path to file 'object.d' with -I switch

See https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/4098.
October 27, 2014
On 10/27/2014 08:24 PM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 10/27/14 12:09 PM, Martin Nowak wrote:
>> On 10/27/2014 06:57 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>>
>>> Martin, Sönke, do you think we can bring dub to the point we don't rely
>>> on machine specifics (i.e. dmd.conf) to build everything? That might
>>> mean extra options.
>>
>> While specifying include and library paths on the dub command line can
>> definitely be done. Not so sure whether that fits into dub's approach.
>
> Fair enough. One possible argument is that setting the compiler entails
> setting flags, too (because e.g. gdc and dmd have different flags).

Dub has an abstraction shim to unify compiler flags.
http://code.dlang.org/package-format#build-requirements
http://code.dlang.org/package-format#build-options

You'd use `dub build -b release` for an optimzed build regardless of what compiler you chose.

>> I think it is more a DPL problem setting up a simple build env from
>> sources requires so many steps.
>
> Well the question is how to move forward from where we are.

Improve and use the scripts.
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/blob/master/update.sh
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/installer/blob/master/bootstrap/bootstrap-dmd.bat

The meta repo idea would also help here.
https://issues.dlang.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11792